May 7, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: When They All Come at Once Edition

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Another week has come and gone and it was once again ever so uneventful. I'm sitting here trying to recap things and I've got nothing! Yesterday was my favorite Indie store's 30th Anniversary and while they had an all day event, I just went in the morning, bought myself a book and left. It wasn't too bad of a day out with temps low in the morning and it was nice and overcast. It did start to heat up later, so I was glad to be back indoors by the time that happened! I have a rather large book haul this week and it came from a few impulse purchases over the course of maybe a week or so? Then there's a few preorders, and the few that I ordered from THEM--I try not to buy too many books from them anymore, but when they get to be super cheap, I can't help myself--and this time around they held onto the order for days on days on days unlike my last preorder that arrived on release day. I no longer "subscribe" to THEM anymore, so I basically fill the cart to get that free shipping! Hence the order of 2 books here, 2 books there, and then the last part of one from last month...all in one box!


Here's what I got:




Lying in the Deep by Diana Urban
Royal Blood by Aimee Carter--
was so happy to see her return to YA!
Hunterland by Dana Claire--
been eyeing this one for awhile and when I wanted to order another cheaper book, I threw this one in for shipping! It was trippy seeing both HC & PB at the same price! The PB was actually $1 more with this one!
The Isles of the Gods by Amie Kaufman--
this is what I bought from my Indie store yesterday! Last copy that I could see, so whew!
Whenever by Victoria Laurie--
was SUPER excited to see her return to her one YA with this adult sequel, so I snapped up a copy along with one of these other books...I honestly forgot what book I ordered with what at this point! Lol.
Fairest of All (Graphic Novel) by Serena Valentino & Fiona Marchbank--
one of my B&N preorder sales!
Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros--
a spontaneous purchase after seeing one of my blogger friends really enjoyed it! Plus the edges were incredible, but since I ordered it online I got one with bitty snags. If I shelve it really tightly though it will hide the white marks!
The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--
Portuguese edition! I admit, I sort of ordered it for the gorgeous character cards! And to go with the first book in the same language!



Then my Fairy Loot The Dead Romantics came in!


The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston--Fairy Loot edition! I still need to read this one but it gave me adult Mediator series vibes, so I impulse ordered it...after I impulse bought the US copy.



Then my preorder swag came in for Lying in the Deep!

There was character art, a signed bookplate, a map of the cruise ship, and a bookmark!



THANK YOU Diana!



Then my replacement Caraval character portraits from Iridescent Fairytale came in! They are SO pretty!


I need to get to my storage unit to grab some of my Caraval decor pieces because I want to do a photoshoot with these babies! Lol.



And that was it for me this week! It was pretty insane when I looked at my stack from the week! It honestly started so small! I got one book, then another...then I bought one and then the last five came in one box and one loner in another...all in one day! So I went from a tiny haul to HOLY COW! Lol. What all did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!