May 16, 2023

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesday

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"The seahorse dipped all the way around and the latch clicked, releasing the catch. I sucked in one sharp breath, cringing as the door slowly drifted open.

For a moment, it seemed no on was there." p 55*


*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: House of Roots and Ruin
AUTHOR: Erin A. Craig

PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: July 25, 2023



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Six Things Getting in the Way of Reading

 

*in no particular order
**I couldn't really think of 10 for this one, as I pretty much try to read whenever I can! I don't have much of a social life.

 

6. WORK--the dreadful day job that sucks up 9 hours of reading time...but it pays for books, so I guess it's a fair trade! Lol.
5. FAMILY OBLIGATIONS--
love my family to death, but when particular obligations come around that I have to go to, it sucks up ample reading time!
4. CHORES/ERRANDS--
I guess this is where audiobooks come in handy, but alas they don't work for me and I have to eventually buy food, so run them I must! And cleaning, gotta have a clean place!
3. TIREDNESS--
though I would love to give up sleep, eventually I do have to put the book down to catch some Zz's!
2. TIME--
there just never seems to be enough of it! Once I get through an array of the above there's not much time left in one day or another!
1. HEADACHES--
the reader's worst enemy...or at least my worst enemy when it comes to not being able to read!

 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!