May 25, 2023

Books from the Backlog #32

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This is a meme hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books!

 

A short story written in an unusual format, Four Houses tells the story of a teen girl who finds herself in a field surrounded by four Victorian houses. Over the course of the story, Maddie visits each home, and is ultimately faced with a ghastly decision. With a surprise ending, Four Houses demands readers answer the question: Which house would you choose?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four Houses is a super short story that I still have not somehow read even though I've had it since July of 2014! I blame owning it on my Kindle, I've already mentioned how bad I am at remembering those books! Lol. I've at least one more book by Victoria to read before she left the writing world behind. Sigh...always sad to see, but as long as the author is happy, I guess I am reluctantly happy for them! I just wish they still wrote books! Though, I'd almost even hate to have this counted towards my Goodreads goal since it's so short. It feels like cheating! Lol.

 

 

 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!