May 15, 2023

Let's Discuss: Replicas from Books

 

What's your opinion on items that are replicas from books? I absolutely ADORE them! I think it's SO cool when artists create an item that was described in a book and make it real!


Replicas from Books


My obsession started with jewelry! In the early days of Hebel Design she had A LOT of replica jewelry from books I loved! Jennifer L. Armentrout, Julie Kagawa, Richelle Mead, Jessica Brody...you name it and I probably bought it! Lol.

Here are just a few pieces I bought! I bought the ring Layla wore on a necklace in Jennifer L. Armentrout's Dark Elements series, I also bought the rose necklace Alex receives in the Covenant series! Of course there's Morozova collar from Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone series! I actually won this piece in a contest! And then in the middle there's Seraphina's locket from Jessica Brody's Unremembered! I also had pieces that were simply inspired from series that are gorgeous, but the replica pieces were my absolute faves!

Then lately, there's been I guess you could say a trend, in creating other things that stood out in books. And what stands out more in books than a knife?


These aren't real knives, just so you know! But they look it don't they? The first two are from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Flesh and Fire and From Blood and Ash series, respectively! I bought these from her shop on her website because I liked the look of them and thought they'd make fun bookstagram props!

Incidentally I also had another replica of Poppy's blade that I got in the Illumicrate special edition box! I think this one can double as a letter opener, but it was definitely the coolest piece in the box! I love the coloring!

There are times where I can stumble upon a piece of jewelry or what not that will remind me of something that appeared in a book! I've a crystal necklace that I've had for years that looks almost like the one on the cover of Abigail Owen's The Stolen Throne! That picture should be on my instgram account somewhere, probably towards the end of April, so not too far back! Lol.


What about you? What are your thoughts on replica pieces from books? Do you like them? Do you seek them out? If you could have any kind of replica piece what would it be and what book is it from?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!