Feb 19, 2024

Let's Discuss: Things That Keep Me from Reading

 

Another discussion idea popped in my head last week! Took me nearly all week to find time to write it! Lol! I guess that's an idea for another time! But I was wondering what are some things that might prevent you from reading? I had a busy weekend last weekend that sucked up some ample reading time and I was curious to see what kinds of things might prevent one from reading.


Things that Keep Me from Reading


I almost always read for a little bit everyday but there are times when that is just not possible. The first thing that would have me turning away from my book is a killer headache. Thankfully they don't happen too often, but when they do I can't bring myself to read.

There's also just being way too tired to read. The other night I was forcing myself to stay up to read up to a certain point and once I reached that point, I was wiped out. I've never been one to pull an all nighter on anything. Even when I am struggling to sleep I can't bring myself to pick up a book as I am trying desperately to fall asleep! That being said I also find there are times when I need to go to bed early and have to force myself to stop reading even though I am not tired. But I know if I don't stop I won't get to sleep in time to get enough sleep for the next workday. So basically I am strict with myself during the week!

Such as the case of last weekend when we had family in town, I didn't read for as long as I normally would have at certain times. Which I don't always mind, but then when the conversations started to go on and on, I was ready to be done socializing. Lol.

Then of course there's the day job! Can't necessarily read when I need to be working! Lol.

Then there's also random times of pure stubbornness when I don't have my book with me that I wanted to read next and have ample amount of time to read. I am also sometimes too stubborn to pull up any old book on my kindle app when I was determined to read something else. It also did not help that I didn't have any kind of notebook or paper to write my book notes in. Especially when starting a new book! Those opening chapters are critical for me to get a few notes down. So this is more me being stubborn about certain things and what not so I spent a whole day not reading at all or being able to do anything particular.


What are some things that prevent you from reading? Are they inside or outside of your control?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!