Feb 6, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"Turning to look at his twin, Aren tracked her gaze to the water, where he caught sight of an enormous shape moving beneath them. The shark was longer than the boat he sat in--and more than capable of destroying it, should it feel inclined--but it wasn't why Ahnna had pointed out the predator. Its arrival heralded a calming of the Tempest Seas, and it wouldn't be long before Ithicana's waters were red with blood." p 59


 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: The Bridge Kingdom
AUTHOR: Danielle L. Jensen

PUBLISHER: Context Literacy Agency, LLC
GENRE: Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: August 13, 2019



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top Ten Quick Reads/Books to Read When Time is Short (submitted by Jennifer @ FunkNFiction.com & Angela @ Reading Frenzy)


*in no particular order
**these were mainly books I read in a day! Some might fit the bill in being under 150 pages though! But mostly, books I devoured in a day!


10. SOAR by Alyssa Rose Ivy--this came in at 252 pages but I pretty much read every single book of hers in a day! They were rather quick reads. Though sadly I have not heard from Alyssa in nearly 2 years and I don't know what to do! I mean, how do you contact an author you sort of knew when they sent out review books? I mean, I would happily go back to buying her books but I just haven't seen anything new in these past few years. Not sure how to go about reaching out after so long. :(
9. THE BEAST WITHIN by Serena Valentino--
215 pages! I can't remember if I read this at my slow job or just on a day off but this was one I breezed through!
8. WHAT'S A GHOUL TO DO by Victoria Laurie--
I read nearly every single book of this series in a day! They were simply unputdownable! This first one clocked in at 281 pages!



7. YOU'RE A VAMPIRE: THAT SUCKS by "Count" Domenick Dicce--this was 160 pages and a very short fun kind of read that was more like a manual on what to do with yourself now that you've been turned into a vampire! Lol.
6. THE WEREWOLF MEETS HIS MATCH by Kristen Painter--
so behind in this series but this one was 356 pages and ended up being a pretty quick read for me! The whole series is filled with pretty quick and quirky reads!
5. DAUGHTERS UNTO DEVILS by Amy Lukavics--
this one was 266 pages and fairly quick! Seems like I do well with books under 300!



4. EVIL THING (Graphic Novel) by Serena Valentino--128 pages and a super fast read! I think nearly all graphic novels are!
3. HIDE (Graphic Novel) by Kiersten White--
240 pages and still a fast read! I loved the illustrations in this one!
2. SCOOBY APOCALYPSE by Keith Giffen--
this particular volume was 200 pages! Each "volume" was 6 comic issues. I started the series by reading individual comics but then realized it would be more cost effective to wait for these volumes instead of trekking out to comic book stores to buy the individual ones!



1. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--the original version clocked in at 176 pages! Guessing the reprint changed the font and size (as that one is 192) but I used to re-read this one endlessly and always in a day! Lol.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!