Feb 20, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"'First we save the world. Then candy.'" p 222


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Midnight Beauties
AUTHOR: Megan Shepherd

PUBLISHER: Clarion Books
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: August 13, 2019



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 



This week's topic is: Top 10 Bookish Superpowers I Wish I Had


*in no particular order


 

10. MEMORY OF AN ELEPHANT--being able to remember everything about a book I've read no matter how long ago! That way when I pick up a sequel a year or five later I'll be good to go!
9. INVENTORY KNOWLEDGE--
remembering exactly what books I already own and never unknowingly buying a second copy!
8. INFINITE SPACE--
always having the room for MORE bookcases and MORE books!
7. TELEPORTATION--
being able to teleport to any signing anywhere and not needing to book flights or hotels or driving extremely long distances!
6. COVER MATCHER--
being able to make my series match the cover look I like despite publishers changing it midway through...or on the very last book!
5. CREATION--
being able to somehow magically create final books to series that were cancelled. The book would in essence be the story the author always wanted to write but wasn't able to!
4. READ FASTER--
yeah, let's just have that happen all around! I initially wanted to read faster on my kindle which takes me twice as long to read a book than I would with the physical copy!
3. MATCHING SHELVES--
being able to have matching bookcases! As it is now, there are many shapes and heights and widths!
2. BOOK HEALER--
erasing any damage done to books be they stains, cracked spines, bent pages, etc!
1. NO SLEEP--
being able to not need sleep to be a healthy and functional human being! My TBR pile would be dismantled very quickly with that one!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!