Feb 11, 2024

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Another week has gone by and it wasn't too bad. Although, I am getting a little upset that all my B&N preorders are taking longer than they should to arrive. I don't get it either. I feel like this all started just this year. Usually my books always arrive on the Friday of release week, sometimes maybe Saturday and on rare occasions Thursday! But always within release this week. 2024 starts and all of a sudden NOTHING is arriving in release week! It's insane! What's really bad is that sometimes I rely on my books getting to me in this time frame for book signings and now I have to trek out to the store, buy my special edition there and bring to get signed and then when the preorder deigns to show up I have to go return that as I don't need two copies! It's nuts! Luckily this preorder is one that I have no signing for and am in no way close to needing to read it as I need to start the series still, so it's not as scary as it's been for past orders. I'll show you what did finally show up this week that sent waves of relief through me! 

Other than my mail troubles with books and only B&N orders (as my Fae Crate special edition showed up just fine and only 1 day late based on tracking) the week was decent. Nothing bad, nothing great, just normal.

 

Here's what I got:

 

House of Flame and Shadow by Sarah J. Maas--SIGNED B&N edition! I got lucky enough to snag one of the digitally signed copies of the B&N edition of HOFAS and when it didn't show up on any of the days tracking kept saying it would be delivered I was freaking out! I knew B&N would not be able to replace it with the same copy, so I was sweating it out! But it arrived, it was perfect and it was digitally signed!


The Endless War by Danielle L. Jensen--Fae Crate edition SIGNED! This was a really pretty one! I was surprised by the stained edges as none of the previous books had these. A little upset that it did have them because none of the others had them. Lol. Just a weird me thing since now it stands out among its companions!


For review from the publisher I received:

Three Kinds of Lucky by Kim Harrison (ARC)--can't wait to start Kim's new series! Also glad to see the Hollows is still ongoing as the next one should release in the fall and hopefully I will be caught up by then! Lol.


THANK YOU Ace!



Then I received my alternate cover of ACFTL from Iridescent Fairytale and it is beautiful!

I already have my copy for this one lined up too! So glad I bought them all last year! Lol.



And then finally, in a weird turn of events I was looking for an art project to do as my sister is trying to do a paint by numbers thing next month for family members and while I ordered from the site she sent me, we did not realize it was based in China. I've no idea if it will arrive in time for the proposed date, so as an alternative I bought a diamond art project. I didn't intend to buy the biggest size they had, but the design was too perfect to pass up:


Yes! It's a bookcase of books! It was beautiful! And yes, it's huge and likely to take me months of weekends to do if the last smaller one I did is anything to go by! Lol. There was a slightly smaller one that had a skull and books, but ironically, it was too dark looking for me. Not that I mind but it basically had black books on a black background and the books weren't easily seen for what they were. I'd rather have this larger and likely more complicated one for it was easily seen as a shelf of books! 


And that was it for me this week! Hopefully this week's releases will show up next week, but I am not liking this new shipping method from B&N for their members. Especially when it goes slower than media mail! If my credit card didn't offer the membership as a perk, I don't think I would continue with this service because it stinks.

Anyway, what did you all get this week?




 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!