Jun 30, 2024

Stacking the Shelves--Two Weeks of Chaos

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Hey all, I'm back! The last two weeks have been a little crazy. I had my one and only mini vacation which was lovely, but way too short. I finished my work program and it went well. I made it to the end with my group so we "graduated" and we did our presentation and I didn't trip up my words so that was a success! I also tried and once again failed to get Apollycon tickets. I swear every single time, I am right there trying to add my ticket to my cart, it does the processing thing and then kicks me out to put me into a line that only lets me out once every single ticket is sold out. So yeah. It sucks. I thought for sure this year I'd get one because my favorite author is not attending after attending the last 2 years. The indie author I was dying to meet has now sworn off large events and this is now my second time striking out on meeting her. So yes, this miss was absolutely devastating. I can't join the resale thread because I am not on Facebook and have no desire to join. And I mean, I feel doubtful of getting a ticket in sufficient time where I can get plane tickets, get a hotel room, get my request off work in time enough. There's just too many variables. I can't plan ahead for possibilities and I likely can't afford to travel on the spur of the moment as flights out of St. Louis are horrendous! Not only in price, but in availability. So yes, another sad year spent at home instead of at Apollycon. I tried to look up other events but none of them had any of the authors I read in attendance and I can't justify the same convention cost for meeting only new to me authors. I always judged RT by how many of my favorite authors were attending and it was always worth the cost. Seeing one or two for $300+ and then tack on convention fees isn't justifiable.


But anyway, while I didn't get tickets to the event I've been trying to get into for the last 5 years or so, I did get a whole big stack of books this week! And the most shocking thing of all, THIS WEEK'S B&N preorder arrived only 1 day late! But I still got it in release week so that was amazing!

Here's what I got:


A Fire in the Flesh by Jennifer L. Armentrout--SIGNED Apollycon edition
The Crown of Gilded Bones by Jennifer L. Armentrout--
SIGNED Apollycon edition



Icon and Inferno by Marie Lu
Two Sides to Every Murder by Danielle Valentine--
B&N edition; for some reason Goodreads did not have that edition up, that I could see at least and naturally, I assumed it would be as I didn't take my own picture.


Then I bought a few new Stephanie Garber editions:



A Curse for True Love by Stephanie Garber--UK pb
A Curse for True Love by Stephanie Garber--
Waterstones edition
The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--
German edition


Then I got my Fairyloot edition of Heather Fawcett's second Emily Wilde book. Since they pictured it ahead of time I'll show the cover and edges but will the leave the rest as a surprise for others!

Emily Wilde's Map of the Otherlands by Heather Fawcett--Fairy Loot edition


 

Then I picked up a few ebooks...I know! ME! One was a freebie and then I had won an Amazon gift card and I bought a few books that were better to get as ebooks since the real books were pricey and then I bought them on Friday where they had double Kindle points, so I thought might as well!

 

The Vampire's Former Flame by Kristen Painter--so behind in this series but I love it so much that I try to keep up with it by buying the ebooks!
Beauty and the Blade by S.C. Grayson--
a freebie one!
The Reordering by Vicki Pettersson--
I saw an older cover and I can't remember if I read it pre-Goodreads, but I figure it's a good in between book as it sets you up for...
Zodiac Rising by Vicki Pettersson--
the new generation of the Zodiac gang! I loved this series wayyy back when and I was excited to see it getting a sequel story!

 

 

Then I got the June YA Fairy Loot book and was sooo happy with this one! I won't share it here in case anyone is waiting on theirs still, but it's a beaut!  




Then for review from the publisher I received and started as soon as I finished my current read:

Known to the Victim by K.L. Armstrong


THANK YOU Doubleday Canada!



Then I received my Icon & Inferno preorder gift:


THANK YOU MacMillan!





And that was it for me! It's been a wild two weeks and I managed to survive them with only only one deep cut scar. How was your week? What books did you get?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!