Jun 4, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"Sang would always be dangerous, but for me, now, a little less so. As the bludmare trotted on, snorting bloody froth into her muzzle cap, I actually found the ride toward an evil witch and a city that maligned toward me somehow restful. Pleasant. What would happen would happen, and I was ready for it." Kindle loc 40%


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Wicked Ever After
AUTHOR: Delilah S. Dawson

PUBLISHER: Pocket Star
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: October 5, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Have VERY Strong Emotions About


*in no particular order



10. FLIGHT 171 by Amy Christine Parker--chills! Absolute chills and a new terror of traveling by flight!
9. THE UNDERTAKING OF HART AND MERCY by Megan Bannen--
I was positively swooning with this one! My cold little heart got all warm and fuzzy! Lol.
8. GO HUNT ME by Kelly DeVos--
more chills! Pretty sure this one has a wicked twist too!



7. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--such nostalgia with this one! I feel like it was the first book I read as a preteen where the heroine was the awkward girl. I know this a typical trope these days, but during my youth I felt like the overly popular girl was the trope! Plus this one involved magic and I just love it to pieces!
6. EVIL THING by Serena Valentino--
I felt such sympathy for Cruella. Yes, the villains all made their choices in the Disney movies, but then we see these stories and their pasts and you can't help but sometimes feel bad for them! Cruella's story was particularly sad.
5. IN EVERY GENERATION by Kendare Blake--
total and complete nostalgia! I mean, this series was truly Buffy the Next Generation! It was so, so good and I feel like it could easily fit into the Buffiverse!



4. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--such nostalgia, such love! I love this book to pieces! While it probably wouldn't hold up much to today's YA standards, this was from a time where there was nearly no YA Paranormal reads so finding this gem was a lifesaver for me!
3. BLADE OF SECRETS by Tricia Levenseller--
I don't know if a book has ever made me feel more seen with their heroine than this one! Yes, I love me a booklover, but this one involved a heroine who suffered greatly from social anxiety and fretted and worried every time she talked to someone and this is me in a nutshell. I so overthink things when talking to someone, I fear their silence means they are wondering why am I even talking to them...just...everything! This is probably my favorite duology from Tricia!
2. LEGENDARY by Stephanie Garber--
on the flip side of my social anxious self of how I get around people, I am inwardly a Tella! I loved this girl so much! She pretty much said what I would be thinking and I of course would sometimes maybe even say what I was thinking and have it be the wrong time to say things like that, so of course, it would backfire! Lol. But yes, my inner self is definitely a Tella!

 

 

1. A CURSE FOR TRUE LOVE by Stephanie Garber--I cannot remember all the emotions this book put me through! There were many! It was definitely one that evoked a lot of emotions out me given the subject matter. I just wish it could've been longer!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!