Sep 26, 2024

Books from the Backlog #102

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This is a fun meme hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books!

 

Bad girls burn hot…

Red is the color of Kia Alcott's hair.
It's her temper, which blazes hot and always gets Kia into way too much trouble.
And it's the color of fire. Fires that Kia can start…just by thinking about them.

When her latest “episode” gets her kicked out of school, Kia is shipped off to her grandmother, who works for the wealthy Blackwoods. It's an estate shrouded in secrets, surrounded by rules, and presided over by a family that is far from normal…including the gorgeous and insolent Ethan Blackwood.

Ethan knows far more about the dangers of the forest surrounding the estate than Kia can ever imagine. For this forest has teeth, and Ethan is charged with protecting the outside world from its vicious mysteries.

But inside, even the most vibrant shade of red doesn't stand a chance against the dark secrets of the Blackwood family…

 

I added Red by Alyxandra Harvey to my TBR pile in 2016. I want to say it was a Christmas gift that I forgot to add in those last days of December! Lol. I can't remember where I learned of this one, possibly another blogger but it sounded interesting enough so I added it to my wishlist and I feel like I received it as a gift! And there it has sat on my TBR pile since at least January of 2016, so not quite a decade yet! Lol. I do still want to read it some day as it still sounds rather intriguing!

 

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!