Aug 20, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

"Hear a wraith scream? Magey. Almost get in a car wreck? Magey. Lose a sock in the dryer? Okay, that was magey, too." p 67*




*Quote is based on the early copy I've received for review, therefore the final quote and page number may not be quite final.













TITLE: Soul Kissed
AUTHOR: Erin Kellison

PUBLISHER: Zebra
GENRE: Dark Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: September 3, 2013




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier


*in no particular order


1. BLOGGER

 For the most part I have been very lucky that Blogger has been so cooperative for me! I know some bloggers have had issues and have switched to Wordpress or other domains, but Blogger definitely makes things easier on me for putting posts together since I am so not technology apt!



2. GOODREADS

Ahh, Goodreads! Definitely the best thing ever! With the book covers and cover descriptions, plus all the other publication info...Goodreads definitely makes blogging easier on getting that book info!



3. TWITTER

I don't know if I would say Twitter has made things easier, but it's definitely made things more fun since I've joined!



4. MY iPHONE

So it doesn't necessarily make blogging itself all the easier, but it's definitely been helpful now to have an updated phone with internet! Which makes tweeting so much easier now!



5. THE BOOKMARK

Yes, the bookmark definitely makes reading easier! This way I can know what page I left myself on and not have to--shudders--bend the pages!!



6. MY KINDLE

I still buy like 99% of real books, but I will say that my Kindle is great for those e-book only's--like Obsession! And the e-novellas that tend to be available in that format only and of course e-ARCs!



7. BOOKENDS

For the very very rare times when I don't have enough books on the shelf, a bookend is a lifesaver to keep them from falling over!



8. BOOKSHELVES

I so want this one! But yeah, where would we readers be without bookshelves?



9. MY LAPTOP

Okay, kind of stretching here, trying to get my 10 picks, but really, my laptop does come in super handy for blogging! Without that, I wouldn't be blogging!



10. AUTHORS

Seriously, none of any of these things would make my life easier if it weren't for the authors I so love! This is me and Maria V. Snyder--one of my all time faves--from a signing back in 2011...in Ohio, had to drive like 6 hours to go see her! But there were other authors at this signing too, so it was easy to convince my mom--my traveling buddy for these things--to come with me!




23 comments:

  1. Authors are a biggie. Wish I knew more about using Twitter (I'm debnance there if you have any ideas!) Great list!

    Here's my Book Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to be smart with adding my link and completely screwed it up. What I was trying to say was I still find twitter fairly intimidating because you only get 140 characters. This post is already over the limit - I admire people that can exercise brevity. Here's mine http://www.backchattingbooks.com/motley-musings/ttt/making-blogging-easier

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really fun teaser, Jessica! Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool teaser. Hope you enjoy. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/08/20/teaser-tuesday-aug-20/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, like that quote. Sometimes life just isn't fair. ^^
    And I like your Top Tens, too. I just found goodreads for myself when I started being more active in the book blogging community, now I'm kinda addicted. ^^
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hadn't heard of soul Kissed but it sounds good :)
    here's our TT

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, I totally lose socks in the dyer all the time. :P Great teaser!!

    And great TTT list too!! I have to agree with all of your choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never have thought of connecting a car wreck, scream, and lost sock! Clever.
    My teaser is from THROUGH A YELLOW WOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, that's a great teaser :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesdays_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I like it that you listed bookends. I love bookends and book shelves! Those are very pretty. I totally want those too! :)
    My TTT
    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, great teaser and I really like your list, Jessica!

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't heard of this book but I love that cover. Thanks for sharing Jessica :0)

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great top ten and great teaser. Missing socks is common to everyone.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agree with almost all of those, but particularly liked bookends. Good one, and so true! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun teaser and a great top ten. One of the things that really used to make following book blogs easier? Google Reader. The inferior replacement I was forced to go with is no comparison. My teaser: City of Bones

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's amazing how many people have gone with bookmarks. I always just place whatever is nearby in my book none of those fancy bookmarks for me lol. Good list though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your top ten, especially the authors!
    Magey is not having a good day!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  19. My laptop is great for blogging .. I can take it out of town and still blog like I am now!

    Angie
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the first time I've seen Soul Kissed. Looks like an interesting read. Definitely love the cover.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving the cover of Soul Kissed! Looking forward to your review!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice tease. I will definitely be looking into that book more on Amazon.

    Thanks for stopping by mine!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!