Aug 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Jessica arrives back in town to find her best friend missing and the most powerful witch in the country is blaming her for it. But before they can move to save her, the group is attacked.

On the run, Jessica and Rourke head to the mountains. Several surprises await them, but in order to save her father they are forced to leave for New Orleans early.

Arriving on the Vampire Queen's doorstep unexpectedly, and bringing trouble on their heels, the Sects are thrown into an all out war. The vicious
skirmish ends up forcing the vamps and Jessica to fight on the same team.

The Vamp Queen ends up owing Jessica, but what Jessica doesn't realize is just how soon she'll have to cash it in...


Love this series! I should be getting a review copy of this one soon, but alas, I still must wait!


TITLE: Cold Blooded
AUTHOR: Amanda Carlson

PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: October 8, 2013



The fate of the world is not something a girl wants on her shoulders, and that is especially true for Lorelei McAlister. Unfortunately for her, that is exactly where the world’s fate has decided to take up residence. Lorelei has seen firsthand the horrors that lie beneath our everyday world. And those horrors are getting her friends killed. Because of this, she agrees to leave the sanctity of her hometown and is sent to a different world entirely. A boarding school. But even here she is being watched. Someone knows what she is. What she carries inside her soul. And on top of that she’s seeing visions. This is nothing new for Lorelei. But these visions are something more: death, destruction, and the end of the world. Lorelei must face the fact that there are people who want her dead, and no matter where she goes, no matter how far she runs, the lives of her friends and family are in mortal peril. Lucky for her, her friends and family include the handsome Angel of Death, a fiercely protective half-angel, and a ragtag group of loyal supporters who aren’t afraid to get a little dirty in the name of fighting pure evil.


Another series I am behind in! But luckily this is book 3 and I just need to read book 2 even though I have no memory of book 1. But I loooooove Darynda's adult series and I did enjoy her YA one when I read it!


TITLE: Death and the Girl He Loves
AUTHOR: Darynda Jones

PUBLISHER: St. Martin's Press
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: October 8, 2013



 

7 comments:

  1. Nice choices for Wow's this week! Cold Blooded looks like fun!

    Here's My Tease!!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the first series but it sounds so kick-ass! I have heard of the other book but it's not something I read. Great picks :)

    Our WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold Blooded looks good. I haven't heard of the series, but I might check it out.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-60-naturals.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read the second series. It looks TO DIE FOR(:
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks. The first Jessica McClain book was so much fun that I really need to catch up with this series.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to start both those series... ugh! They look entirely too awesome for me not to have read them. Darynda Jones looks like she is the author of a lot of cool books. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!