Aug 27, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"You can't fight the threat in your underwear! I yelled at my brother.

"I'm not planning on staying in my underwear for long." Kindle location 722/4552*


*This quote comes from my e-ARC, therefore it and the location are not final.










TITLE: Cold Blooded
PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: October 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters

*in no particular order

1. JANCO
from Maria V. Snyder's Study/Glass series 

Janco seriously was the GREATEST secondary character ever! Loved him! He was so funny and loyal!


2. IAN 
from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series

Does Ian need explaining? Anyone, anyone? ;)



3. GILLEY
 from Victoria Laurie's Ghost Hunter Mysteries

Gilley is awesome! I love him! He's so funny and the fact that he's terrified of ghosts but still works with his best friend and going into haunted houses and what not, just shows how good a friend he is! Of course, he does have his moments that make M.J. want to pull her hair out!



4. COOKIE
 from Darynda Jones' Charley Davidson series

Charley's friend Cookie is a great friend as well! Love her and her carefree attitude! She totally gets Charley and all her quirks! She's a riot herself and a very fierce Mama Bear!



5.  EMMA
from Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series

Emma is another of those great friends whose always their for our heroine! She sticks by Kaylee through it all and Kaylee for her! The two are great friends and Emma was just so freaking awesome!



6. SABINE
from Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series

When Sabine first walked onto the page I hated her! I thought she was such a b*tch for trying to get between Kaylee and Nash. Then as the books kept coming, I started to understand her a bit more and the hate went away. Overall she turned out to be a helluva character and one I grew to love!



7. IVY
from Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series

Funny how all secondary characters tend to be friends of the heroine! But here we go again, I loved Ivy in this series! She was a riot! And her hats, who could forget them! She was such a delight and while she may not always have understood Alexia, she was still a great friend to her!



8. OBERON
from Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid series

Well, he is man's best friend! Oberon is without the doubt one of my most favorite animals in series overall! I guess because he and Atticus talk to one another! Oberon's mind is so doggie like and he brings much needed comedic doggie relief to the tense moments in the series.



9. AMY
from Shannone Delany's 13 to Life series

Amy was yet another awesome friend to Jessie in one of my fave YA series ever! She had a tough time of life herself, yet she still remained a strong character! Gotta love her for that!



10. MALONE
from Rachel Vincent's Shifters series

Decided to throw a villain in here. I tried to think of a villain that I just loathed! I mean really truly hated! And who came to mind was Rachel's Malone character! He was a dastardly bastard! And when you truly, truly just hate a character so much because they are so despicable...that's great writing and a pretty great character too! Even if he is slime!




25 comments:

  1. If what is happening in his underwear is what I think it is then I'm glad he won't be staying in them for much longer.
    Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    Marilyn @ Marilyns Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser. Makes me very curious. My teasers this week are from Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst and A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind him fighting in his underwear... ;) Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That certainly is an interesting teaser. :) My Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha-ha...fun teaser! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oberon's reaction when he discovered he only got a small number of French Poodles - priceless. He keeps Atticus human which is no mean feat. Here's my T10T

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible list!! My number one is Vlad from the Night Huntress series. But, I totally get why you included Ian on yours. He started out as such an ass, but he has grown on me a lot.

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome teaser!

    Great list- I should have remembered Ivy from Soulless but when I made my list my brain was already on sleep mode. LOL
    ~Decadent
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fight in the underwear? Wait...I don't want to know.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun teaser--I wish Kindle would do "real" page numbers instead of "locations." I've only read two of the books mentioned in your top ten. While I liked Ian, Gilley just annoyed me. My teaser: Whiskey Beach

    ReplyDelete
  11. That book sounds like a lot of fun, I hadn't heard of it before. I'll be checking it out now though!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oberon is on my list too! Great list.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting teaser! Sounds like a fun read...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice list! I love the Parasol Protectorate, I remember Ivy was absurdly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a fantastic teaser. I may just have to check that book out. I haven't read a single book for your characters either, although Soulless is sitting on my shelf begging to be read. Great list I'll have to bump some of these up in my pile.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser! Emma, Sabine and Ivy are great secondary characters!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO many books I want to read!! Poison Study is coming up on my TBR list!!! Hopefully I'll get to it soon! Great list!
    Thanks for stopping by my Top Ten!
    Fly to the Sky @ Read Books and Live Green

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list and teaser! Enjoyed both. Can't wait to read Soul Screamers. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jessica! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha! Love your teaser this week!

    Thanks for stopping by =D
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great teaser, I love these & Ty, although a teaser with Rourke would've been even more awesome ;)

    And great TTT! I agree about Ivy, I loved how all the Parasol Protectorate characters were so quirky & fun, so you gotta love them :) And the same thing how I feel about Sabine, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol great teaser. I haven't read these books but have heard good things about the series. Ooh and Ian from the Night Huntress is *swoon*. I'm so glad the Jeaniene Frost has said a big 'maybe' for him having his own book! Love him!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT :0)

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha great teaser quote!

    I haven't read any of these but holy cow does the cover for 13 to Life look AMAZING!


    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know, I've read the Soulless comics, but none of the novels yet -_-;;

    I agree, though, Ivy is awesome XD

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here is where I hang my head an shame because I haven't read ANY of these books. The characters do sound awesome though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't read any of the books in your Top 10 picks but I hope to do so soon and awesome teasers, hope you're enjoying the book.

    Thanks a lot for stopping by my post earlier and my sincere apologies for returning the love so late. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!