Aug 28, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice.

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again.

But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all.


I am still waiting on this one sadly. I put a request in on Netgalley on August 6th and have yet to receive a reply! I need to read this one! Love Julie's books!

TITLE: The Iron Traitor
AUTHOR: Julie Kagawa

PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: October 29, 2013



As a former Agent of Death, Madeline Black is no stranger to witnessing violent ends. But being the one to cause them is an entirely different story…

Despite her having saved Chicago from a vampire invasion, the Agency wants to get Maddy off their payroll—permanently. With the deadly Retrievers hot on her trail, she has no choice but to trust Nathaniel to port her to safety. But even the exotic and dangerous world that she winds up in is not as peaceful as she would have hoped. Caught in a turf war between a group of fae and a disturbingly familiar foe, Maddy soon discovers that the twisted plots of her grandfather, Lucifer, and his brothers extend even into this unknown realm.

Now, with enemies gathering on all sides, Maddy’s fate is looking darker than ever. And to protect her unborn son from her adversaries, she may have to tap into a power she hoped never to access…


Just as I get caught up, I get behind! Still one book behind in this one! But continue to love the series!


TITLE: Black Heart
AUTHOR: Christina Henry

PUBLISHER: Ace
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: October 29, 2013




31 comments:

  1. I haven't read that series from Julie yet, but I will in the future! Nice picks!

    Thanks for stopping by at Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I cannot wait to read The Iron Traitor!! I really loved the first book and I'm dying to see what happens next. I haven't heard of the other book but I'll check it out.
    Great picks :)

    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I know what you mean :) It's so easy to fall back on a series, and then they just pile up. Hopefully you'll read the previous one soon :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a copy of The Iron Traitor that I'm so excited about :) And Black Heart looks really good!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I'm really looking forward to reading the Iron Traitor as well, fingers crossed NG approves you.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I requested it too and haven't heard anything back either :(

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really should start Kagawa's newer series. I started reading The Iron Fey series, but only got through book 1. (Which I really enjoyed!) Too many books, too little time... :( Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I didn't like The Lost Prince as much as the first four books, I'm still eager to give this a second chance. Thanks for sharing!

    Chel @ The Procrastor's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate waiting too, Inigo Montoya:)

    I got a copy of The Iron Traitor so I'm stoked to read it as well. Plus, hello gorgeous boy on that cover. Wow.

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iron Traitor holds so much promise. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick. I should really start this series. I hear its awesome. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-62-dead-girls-dont.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any books by either author, but I really want The Iron Traitor JUST FOR THE COVER :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Iron Fey series is something that I have been meaning to read for so long. I have the first 4 books, so I don't know what I'm waiting for. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that first sentence in the Iron Traitor blurb! Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to read The Iron Traitor!!! Great Picks :)

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited about Iron Traitor! Ah! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw that one on Netgalley but I haven't read the series yet

    Great pick :)

    My WOW

    Michelle
    Old follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Iron Fey series and have the first book on my tbr list as well. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-16-things-i-thought-were-true/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cover of Blackheart, awesome picks this week Jessica, thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oooh i didn't know there was going to be a new iron fey book. i really liked that series more than the immortal one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks this week although I'm not a fan of fairies.... I hope you love it!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes! I love Julie too! I just got my Iron Traitor from the Harlequin #yeahYA tour so I can't wait to start it! I hope NG lets you have it soon!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  23. Iron Traitor is on my list! Haven't read the other series, sounds like I need to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm dying to read The Iron Traitor! Love that series so so so much!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  25. I got the Iron Traitor the other day, can't wait to tackle it!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Iron Traitor sounds awesome! I've never read a faerie book before, so now might be the time to start :)

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Iron Traitor is on my TBR list. Black sounds really good. Great choices . Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Kagawa! :) Great choices. I want to read the Black Wings series someday. So many books out there!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just got Iron Traitor too, so I'll bet you'll hear from Netgalley very soon (if you haven't already). I'm so excited to read it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  30. One of these years I will actually get around to reading the Iron Fey series. I have so many of them, I just don't have time to read any! Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have yet to receive a reply for The Iron Traitor on NetGalley so I feel you! Praying that we get approved soon!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!