Aug 21, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?


The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.


I still need to read Insurgent, but I figure I am at a good point now because the release is just 2 months away! I won't have that much waiting time in between books! Soooo cannot wait to read this one!


TITLE: Allegiant
AUTHOR: Veronica Roth
PUBLISHER: HarperCollins Childrens
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: October 22, 2013 




Rough and tumble Saturday Woodcutter thinks she's the only one of her sisters without any magic—until the day she accidentally conjures an ocean in the backyard. With her sword in tow, Saturday sets sail on a pirate ship, only to find herself kidnapped and whisked off to the top of the world. Is Saturday powerful enough to kill the mountain witch who holds her captive and save the world from sure destruction? And, as she wonders grumpily, "Did romance have to be part of the adventure?" As in Enchanted, readers will revel in the fragments of fairy tales that embellish this action-packed story of adventure and, yes, romance.








So yeah, I still need to read the first book, but I plan on doing that soon-ish! I love fairy tale books though so I have no doubts about enjoying this series!


TITLE: Hero
AUTHOR: Alethea Konthis
PUBLISHER: Harcourt Books
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: October 1, 2013


 

 

32 comments:

  1. Very excited for Allegiant of course! I sadly couldn't finish the first book Enchanted by Alethea Konthis. I like fairytales but the writing was a little too olden days style for me. Hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to read Allegiant!! I'm counting days until it comes out. I have heard of the other series but haven't read the first book. I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Allegiant so bad! Like can it release already :D

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! A couple of awesome choices there! Great covers too!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've seen Allegiant a lot and I still haven't read Divergent lol.
    The second one is new to me, but it looks great!

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picks! I'm yet to get back to Insurgent & read it, hopefully I'll get to it soon, and hero sounds amazing, although I'm yet to read Enchanted, too :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Insurgent too. You're right... now would be a GREAT time to read it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly don't remembver much about Insurgent so I will probably have to re read it before Allegiant. Great picks this week!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-61-conjured.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I'm waiting for Allegiant, too, and though I haven't heard of the other the series, it sounds promising. I love fairytales books. Hope you can get your hands on a copy. Have a lovely week. :)

    Raina @ The LUV'NV

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks Jess I scored a copy of Hero at the book expo its on my reading list. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate the comments will be visiting more often. Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hero one! Thanks for posting.
    ~Decadent

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am excited for Allegiant too. hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo, I cannot wait for these two as well! I recently read Enchanted, and loved it. And Allegiant, well, YEAH :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks! I can´t wait to read both of them.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. a huge YES to allegiant!! i'm dying for it too and have had it on pre-order for a long while. so happy the wait isn't that much longer.

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, yes, Veronica Roth and I have gone our separate ways after the disappointment that was Insurgent for me, but I'm excited for everyone who still enjoys the series. I hope the conclusion is epic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Besides the obvious, Hero sounds really good. Great choices!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot wait for Allegiant to come out and read it. Thanks for sharing your awesome pick.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-better-spirits/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really should get around to reading these...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome picks, I am listening to Enchanted now, and Roth..of course!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for stopping by my Blog each week Jessica!!
    I'm yet to start either of these series yet. Not enough time in the day for what I want to read!! Great choices!

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Allegiant was my pick last time! Great choice :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes and Spider Silk

    ReplyDelete
  24. I definitely can't wait for Allegiant! Thats one book we're all so ready for! And Hero looks really cool too!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  25. I read Divergent but have yet to read Insurgent... keep hoping I'll get around to it before Allegiant but times running out. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved Divergent but couldn't get myslef into Insurgent :( Great picks! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great picks! I really have to catch up on the Divergent series & will have to check the other one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, I'm yet to start with the Divergent series. My plan is to wait until the whole trilogy is out and read all the books back to back. Awesome pick, that one! And the other book sounds good too. I hope you enjoy it once you get to it.

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier! Just returned the love. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh yes! I am soooooo excited for Allegiant and Hero sounds wonderful.

    Great WoW picks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I feel like if I don't read the Divergent series soon a bunch of book bloggers may band together and hunt me down :P

    Thanks for stopping by my Waiting on Wednesday!

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've heard so much about Veronica Roth's books but I still haven't read it. Great picks! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh yes! I cannot wait for Allegiant! I just need the conclusion!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!