Aug 6, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"The door opens wider. All of us stare at the opening, anticipating who...or what...might enter that has the Oracle in such state. The door creaks open another inch..." Kindle loc. 4509/5140*

*This quote comes from my e-ARC copy, therefore it and its location are not final












TITLE: Into the Dark: The Shadow Prince
AUTHOR: Bree Despain

PUBLISHER: Egmont USA
GENRE: Fantasy/Mythological YA
RELEASE DATE: March 11, 2014



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels (they were complete stories but you just could have read more and more about these characters or set in that world) 

*in no particular order

1. Nocturne by Syrie James

 I looooved this vampire love story! It was such a nice spin of Beauty and the Beast in my opinion! Sooo wanted more once I read that last line!



2. Old Magic by Marianne Curley

While a perfectly good stand alone, I can honestly say I would not say no to more in this world! Loved the time traveling, the magic, the characters...just everything about it was awesome! Perhaps that's why I re-read it a lot while waiting for the Paranormal YA section to grow!



3. Graveminder by Melissa Marr

I loved Melissa's foray into the adult reading world! This one was awesome! I can't remember a whole lot about it, only that I loved it! And I definitely remember wanting more!



4. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Totally loved this one! The ending with the book definitely leaves you wondering what's next! And luckily, according to goodreads, the answer might be coming soon. But since it's still not definite--no title or official release date--I am still including it in this list!


5. Blood Secrets by Jeannie Holmes

 The series that only lasted 2 books and yet there definitely should have been sooo much more! I was very sad to hear that this one was being cutoff!



6. The Midday Mangler Meets His Match by Rachel Vincent

This was a short story from the anthology The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance. It's been years since I read it, but I remember totally loving Rachel's foray into the vampire lore! Her story had a different twist of lifestyle for vampires and I always hoped for more.



7. Hunt by Rachel Vincent

This short story was about Abby from Rachel Vincent's Shifter series. I loved it since we got to see how Abby was doing 2 1/2 years after the events of Stray, the first book. We just get a little more insight to Abby and her story. Would have loooved for Rachel to continue with this route, but had the feeling she was tiring of her Shifter series.



8. Freak House by Kelly Meding

Kelly's story definitely had me intrigued! With hers I felt like it was definitely the start of something more! I am hoping that feeling pans out! Even if it's just more novellas!



9. Night Vision by Maria V. Snyder

This short story was Maria's foray--yes I keep using this word but it fits each time!--into the paranormal world! Since I loooove her books which as magical and fantasy like, I loved her way of going about the paranormal! Granted I haven't read this one in a long time either, but since it's Maria's work here, there's no need to say that I was left wanting more!



10. Pack by Jeaniene Frost

Another short story from this anthology that was enjoyable! Again, poor memory but it's Jeaniene Frost?! What's not to love! 




23 comments:

  1. Oooh.... I had no idea Bree had a new book coming out!! I am so going to check it out!! Great tease too...

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome teaser, Jessica! Thanks for sharing, here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look awesome. Great teaser! Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/08/06/teaser-tuesday-aug-6/

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The door creaks open another inch..." AND?? I demand to know! :P
    Great teaser, Jessica! Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my., what is it?! Don't leave me hanging!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica I really enjoyed The Graveminder too, you'd probably also enjoy Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey if you enjoyed The Graveminder :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that tease! And I also love your list. So many books deserve series!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I've read only Warm Bodies (I would love a sequel, too, and I heard there will be one, that's why it didn't made my list), so I'm definitely going to check out the rest :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the creaking door in your Teaser! Ramps up the tension.
    Here's my Teaser: Tougher Than the Rest

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent teaser, really makes you wonder what's behind that door. Mine: Sleeping With the Entity

    ReplyDelete
  11. That teaser....wow...I wan't to keep reading.

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice teaser. Looks like a good read :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read these, but Nocturne, CarniePunk and Graveminder look good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just picked up Carniepunk - and personally I was happy with Warm Bodies and how it ended. I would prefer there not be a second one. Why can't we just leave the ones that are good on their own and singles!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooooh, so there's an Oracle but then the cover looks a bit Stargate-y/Steampunk-y, hmmmm, I wonder what this one's about? Here's mine http://ahellofawoman.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh-oh that doesn't sound good! Hope nothing too nasty comes through that doorway. Good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh I really love the cover of Into the Dark. Great tease! I didn't think of Warm Bodies for my TT list, but that'd be a way fun one for a sequel! Thank for stopping by my blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! Into the Dark caught my attention right away! What an awesome cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read Warm Bodies, but I've seen the movie and the ending definitely opens up a lot of possibilities I'd like to see explored.
    Great list, and thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow somehow I missed that Bree Despain was coming out with another book. I will have to try to find it. And I know I've said this before in your comments, but I have to read Warm Bodies at some point. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness- what comes through the door?
    Great teaser!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, that's an intriguing tease. I'd love to know what's behind the door.

    Thanks for dropping by my TT

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't know Bree Despain had another book coming out! How exciting! Excellent top ten list. I totally agree with Warm Bodies, it was a great read.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!