Aug 3, 2013

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)


This week's topic is: BEST BOOK TITLES!


*in no particular order


THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UNDEAD
by Kim Harrison

Really, Kim's got the best titles!! Most of them are spun off of Dirty Harry movies as I've heard and recognize a few of them myself! I think this one might be my fave, just because it was the first one I picked up! Yes, I picked up book 2 unknowing that it was book 2. Think I was 100 pages in before it finally hit me!! Guess I missed the "Author of..." part!



THIRD GRAVE DEAD AHEAD
by Darynda Jones

Another series that I love along with its titles!! They all have the constant # and grave that just seems to fit! It lets you know what book you're on in the series and still ties in that whole Reaper vibe! The titles are as spunky as the series itself!




GHOULS JUST HAUNT TO HAVE FUN
by Victoria Laurie

Another series I adore, along with it's fun titles!! These all tend to have something "ghoulish" going on! I like this one with it's double twist to Madonna's hit song!!




DEAD EVER AFTER
by Charlaine Harris

Maybe a bit cliched, but I liked the title of this last "Sookie"--no long Southern Vampire--Novel. It was fitting since it was the final one. I guess not counting the After Dead that comes out in October though, although it does say "After" in that title! The use of "dead" in every title was another thing I liked about this series. It just kept a theme throughout that OCD chick in me likes!




DEMON IN MY VIEW
by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

What I liked about this title--being my first vampire book and the one that started my lifelong obsession!--was that it connected to a poem! My copy is currently buried on my closet shelf, on the top, the book itself is on the bottom, and then there are the stacks in front of that since the older books are lower and in back, so I can't access it readily. But there was a poem in the beginning of this one whose last line was the title here! Amelia did this with her first book too. I don't think the third and fourth one in this Den of Shadows series had that same kind of theme with their poems, but this one did and I enjoyed it!





3 comments:

  1. I always loved the title The Good, the Bad, the Undead. That's kinda about I came up with my reviewing format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top 5 :D I forgot about Victoria Laurie's book titles, they're great, I should've totally put one on my top 5 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe "Ghosts just haunt to have fun" is hilarious!

    loved them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!