Aug 25, 2013

Who Do I Torment Myself?

Seriously, why do I torment myself?! I was a sucker and fell for Amazon's great deal of a preorder for Origin for $5.99! $5.99 I was like hot damn! That's a good deal for a YA trade paperback! So hell yeah I ordered it.

Then a few days later I get my confirmation or status update email that says Origin will be shipped/delivered on September 3rd-8th. I stare. Thinking...what. Did. I. Just. Do?! Yeah, I save $4 (plus tax) getting this bad boy--and oh, Daemon looks so badass there!--but now I am waiting an extra week?! Eek! I will go insane!

And now to the point of my random nonsense post. When it comes to HOT titles that I am DYING to read, I tend to not read reviews. Not to be mean or anything, but because with certain books, I want to go in totally blind! I don't want anyone's opinion to effect mine be it awesomely amazing to fabulous to great, good, wonderful...or even negative, but how can we get negative with this one?! (Again, I realize not everyone loves this series)

So in the next week, when everyone--or 99% of you--or yeah less, since again, I know not everyone likes this series--are reading and reviewing it, I will have to try to remember to come back and read said reviews after I've read it. 

So to all you smart people who didn't do what I did and preorder a MUST read, kudos to you and I hope you enjoy Origin! I will definitely be enjoying it in two weeks! :P




7 comments:

  1. That sucks, :( I hope it's worth the wait.
    ~Decadent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sad!! I preordered it as well, and my confirmation said that I'd have guaranteed delivery by the 27th of August. Hopefully yours will come then too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks! They have it out at B&N already. I'm sure it's worth the wait. I didn't read it yet because I bought it and OMENS by Kelley Armstrong at the same time, and I've been dying for OMENS even longer than I've been dying for ORIGIN (Kelley Armstrong is my absolute favorite author).

    I do the same thing with the books that I really am dying to read. I ignore reviews until after I've read it for the exact same reason. Glad I'm not the only one! I hope that they ship your book early. I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awhhh!!! That's too bad D:
    ~Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain. Yep, pre-order don't make sense online as much as in bookstores unless you think a bookstore will sell out. It's a shame that happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I laughed and grimaced during the reading of this post. The woes of pre-ordering. I feel your pain... :( Just keep visualizing Daemon to keep the bad feeling away. I 100% guarantee it will work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so strange - I've pre-ordered from Amazon before and they've shipped the book so that it would be at my house on the release day. I'm surprised they didn't do that with Origin! Hope you get it soon!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!