Mar 29, 2024

Book Blogger Hop #299

 

 
This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
 
This week's question is: Which has more power over readers: a book blogger or a professional critic? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer




MY ANSWER: Without a doubt: BLOGGERS! I do not care whatsoever for "professional critics'" opinions. I remember every single time I saw a movie and loved it, I'd glance at the reviews in the paper and they always HATED the ones I loved and the ones that were stupid looking and slow and boring, they would be praising like crazy! They have zero taste! Lol. When it comes to critics for books, I don't trust the professionals because they were likely paid to say whatever praise. Or maybe not. I honestly don't know. But on rare occasions I have seen some bloggers say they were paid for some reviews and that is when I will stop reading the review. I basically don't trust a review that had to be bought.

To me, bloggers are real people. They read for the love of it and post a review to help other readers out who may be curious about certain books. So bloggers opinions are really the only ones I can trust!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!