Mar 12, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday

No teaser today as I didn't get around to starting my book in time to find one. I don't like looking ahead for teasers for spoiler purposes. Lol. Trying to figure out if I should really pace myself in reading this or make 2 trips to the bookstore that's about an hour's drive one way to pick up the next one this weekend. I'm planning to go there next weekend for a little event so I thought I'd get it then...but I might finish this way before that. So decisions, decisions!



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I'm Worried I Might Not Love as Much the Second Time Around!



*in no particular order



10. SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi--definitely feel like the second time around might have me feeling differently about this one! Sequel series included even though I did read that one, but I didn't have time to re-read the first trilogy!
9. THE CROWN'S GAME by Evelyn Skye--
my memory is fuzzy on this one but I do recall enjoying it! There might have been a wee bit of struggles somewhere, so I don't think a re-read would help my case.
8. RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard--
I will admit putting HUGE gaps between books didn't help my case either!



7. BLOOD RIGHTS by Kristen Painter--old school pick here! I remember liking this one, but again, there was a struggle here or there but overall I liked it. A re-read could drastically change that!
6. SHADOW OF THE FOX by Julie Kagawa--
I remember reading this because it was Julie Kagawa but I did struggle with it more than I thought I would. I still liked it, but I feel like now I would be DNFing it.
5. THE HAZEL WOOD by Melissa Albert--
another one I liked at the time, but then remember it being a bit different than I expected. Not sure how I would feel about it now.



4. SCYTHE by Neal Shusterman--I really liked this one at the time of reading it, but now I worry I might not like it as much if I picked it up again. Possibly all the rave reviews I saw of it afterwards might put too much pressure on me! Lol.
3. THE BEST KIND OF MAGIC by Crystal Cestari--
this book was a tiny bit outside my comfort zone but still magical! I worry now my dark side might be offended by the cute and fluffy! Lol.
2. ONE WAS LOST by Natalie D. Richards--
this was my first book by Richards and I really liked it! Then I read maybe 1 or 2 others and was letdown by them. So I feel like I might find fault with this one too if I went back to it again.



1. TIGER'S CURSE by Colleen Houck--I enjoyed this one and the series at large when I first read them, but now I feel like they would intimidate me with their size and the knowledge that while good, were a little slower. So I feel like my enjoyment would drastically change a second time around on these!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!