Mar 26, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"'Heh. "Forbidden,"' Oscar snickered. 'Yeah, right. Why would you call a place "forbidden"? Doesn't that just make you itch to go there?'" p 45


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Bewitched and Betrothed
AUTHOR: Juliet Blackwell

PUBLISHER: Berkley
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: June 25, 2019



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 



This week's topic is: Top 4 Movies/TV Shows That Would Have Made Amazing Books (submitted by Sabrina @ Notes from a Paper Plane Nomad)

&

Top 6 Favorite Novelizations of Movies/TV Shows!



*in no particular order
**OMG! This was SOOO hard! So many of my all time favorite movies and shows did actually have serialized novels! Nearly every FAVORITE I could think of, I remembered, yup, that one had a novelization!
***not entirely sure that my picks didn't have novelizations either. Mainly fuzzy on Are You Afraid of the Dark. I feel like if they had books they would've rivaled with Goosebumps. The Brothers Grimm was another one that I can't really recall if it had one or not.




4. THE BROTHERS GRIMM--yes, yes, this was a movie based on the brothers who wrote the fairy tales. It's a tricky one, but basically I think a novelization of this movie would've been great! I don't think there was one though. A Google search showed me movie pictures and then pictures of actual Brothers Grimm books. So yeah, it's a tough one to locate if there was one!
3. ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK--
okay, this I am fuzzy on! I loved the show as a kid and the reboots from a few years ago were pretty awesome too! I don't think they had books based on the ghost stories told...like "extra" ghost story novels. I think it would've been hard to compete with Goosebumps.
2. VAMPIRES SUCK--
this is one of my guilty pleasures! This is such a trash movie, but it is HILARIOUS! It's basically a parody of the first two Twilight movies and other "hyped" things at the time. I was laughing so hard at the theaters--luckily, I had the theater to myself! But yes, this would be fun as a book, but some jokes might hit better seen rather than read, but still, I'd read it!


1. THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON--and I mean a book based on this original movie! A quick Goodreads search showed me what looks like erotica takes on the storyline. Yeah...not looking for that! I think a book made more in lieu of this movie would be fun!



TOP 6 FAVORITE NOVELIZATIONS

since I couldn't think of many movies that would be great books without having already been novelized, I decided to pick my actual favorites that I read!


6. UNDERWORLD by Greg Cox--yup! The Underworld movies were made into books too! There was actually a prequel novel before they made the prequel movie. It had the same storyline for the most part, but there were some differences that I can't really recall, but I still remember that there were differences! Lol.
5. SUPERNATURAL by Keith R.A. DeCandido--
I sadly did not keep up with this series as it came around the height of the paranormal book explosion! Plus it was also before I started blogging and before I was savvy enough to keep up with book releases. From the looks of things there were different authors for each book too, some repeated of course, but I honestly would not have known how to keep up with release knowledge on this one!
4. ROSWELL HIGH by Melinda Metz--
I did learn that this book series came first and I was addicted to the show when it started so I thought, I'll read the books! Of course at that time I didn't know the books were first and had a slightly different storyline, just little things really. Liz had a sister who died...and other little changes. The Roswell books did keep coming with "added" episode kind of features, some that picked up past episode storylines and then there was a beautiful set that picked up where the show left off!



3. THE 10th KINGDOM by Kathryn Wesley--does anyone else remember this mini series? I'm showing my age because I remember when this was on TV and I was sooo sucked into it! I remember begging my mom to buy the "at home" package where you got the movie, the book, and the soundtrack! The book did have some differences, like a different first kiss moment and the at the end, words were exchanged but weren't as heartfelt as they were in the TV series. So yeah, differences were there! I still have it too...in storage, but it's there!
2. VAN HELSING by Kevin Ryan--
in my youthful days, when I loved a movie, I would check to see if there was a book adaptation! That way I could enjoy the movie again in a different way while I waited for the DVD release! Lol. This was one I read as I LOVED the movie. I still remember that my friend accidentally spoiled its ending for me, but even as I watched it I kept thinking, it's not gonna happen! He must have been teasing me...but alas, it did happen. Happened in the book too.
1. VERONICA MARS by Jennifer Graham--
I still need to read the second book but I was so psyched that there were at least 2 added mysteries that took place after the movie. We don't mention the Hulu reboot. That one is not canon. The story ends with the movie and/or these books. And AFTER that disastrous ending they didn't even do another season! So he angered fans for NOTHING!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!