Mar 11, 2024

Let's Discuss: Cover Appeal, but Otherwise Nope!

 

Have you ever seen a cover and go wow! Or think it was just positively adorable? But then when you read what it's about, you immediately put it back on the shelf and back away...maybe a little forlornly? 


Cover Appeal, but Otherwise Nope!


Sometimes I find myself totally blown away by a cover, maybe it's just too cute with a bookish setting or just bookisness, or maybe it's absolutely stunning...but then I read the cover jacket and feel nope about it story-wise. It's a drag, especially when the cover is so awesome! 

I find that it happens to me a lot with contemporary reads! From my blog hopping during the Can't Wait Wednesday posts where we share future titles we're excited about I see a LOT of contemporary titles that have a total bookish theme going on! 


I know you're probably thinking I should maybe give it a try one time. If the story is about booklovers and all. But I just know myself. A character who loves books can't make up for the lack of literal magic...or vampires...or dragons...or something out of the ordinary! Lol.

I mean, I know we all say don't judge a book by its cover, but I find that I totally do! Lol. The cover won't necessarily stop me or encourage me to read it, but it does catch my eye one way or another.

I just wish that there could be some good paranormal reads that have a totally bookish theme on the cover. It might be hard to swing in the grand scheme of things. But still, a cute bookish cover will still catch my eye even if I won't be able to read it. Honestly, after reading what this one was about, I would so end up DNFing it. You just start to know your tastes after reading so many books!

 

Have you ever been blown away by a cover but felt "nope" by it when it comes to reading it? I know lots of you probably read more variously than I do. My reads tend to need the "not ordinary" theme going on in order for it to hold my interest. Lol.

 

 

 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!