Mar 25, 2024

Let's Discuss: Blogging Habits...& Reminiscing

 

So I'm wondering from my fellow bloggers out here, how often do you write up your blog posts? Do you write posts in advance or are you more of a blogger who writes a post that day and posts it when it's done?


Blogging Habits...& Reminiscing!


I'll admit, I blog in advance! I still like participating in a slew of weekly memes. I've just always liked to have some sort of daily content. Although Saturdays are a free for all. There may be a post, there may not be! Who knows! But for the most part, not really, unless I stayed up late Friday night to finish a book and then post my review for sometime on Saturday! Lol.

But the weekly memes I've participated in over the years have changed a little bit here and there. Usually it's just passing the torch to someone else to be the "blog host" for it. I've done maybe around 3 different kinds of posts for Fridays. Usually when a blogger is ready to retire they may or may not pass the meme to someone else to host, other times it fizzles out and I have to find a new one, yet similar.

Anyone remember Follow Fridays from Parajunkee? She'd host a different blogger as a sort of "get to know the blogger" type thing and then there was usually a question/prompt of some kind to talk about. Much like the Book Blogger Hop I participate in now, just without the blogger feature.

Then there was Waiting on Wednesday which kind of shifted into Can't Wait Wednesday. Top Ten Tuesday was originally at The Broke and The Bookish before moving over to That Artsy Reader Girl.

I feel like someone else used to host the Teaser Tuesday, a Miz B I think? I've been blogging a long time folks! Lol. Then of course, the "Sunday Haul" post has evolved around with few different bloggers as well. I'm not sure if Reading Reality still hosts it or not, when I was last checking in 2023 or maybe even 2022 I wasn't seeing as many posts anymore.

But back on track! I do a slew of weekly memes for content on my blog! And I tend to write these posts ahead of time! I'll admit, it started that I would write them the week before and have them all scheduled out. I would and still do, write them up on Friday nights, because I'm definitely a homebody. So Friday night has always been blog writing night. 

But on occasion, things would come up, sometimes they were planned so I would blog ahead the weekend before and write TWO weeks of posts ahead of time. Then a vacation might pop up so I would write ahead again, maybe a signing followed a vacation on a Friday night and then I had rare plans for that Saturday too! So somehow I found myself blogging way, way ahead!

Currently as it stands, I have the rest of March memes scheduled and all of April and I just wrote up the first week of May too! Of course, Tuesday posts usually contain a teaser from my current read, so these I always save for Friday night to write before the coming Tuesday. Those are the only ones that aren't already written. But I will say that I do look ahead to the Top Ten Tuesday prompts and will write out my 10 or however many picks I choose! I keep a notebook at my desk where I occasionally jot random things down during research or when I want to do some math longhand style or jotting a number or two down. You know, scratch pad writing!

But I also keep a planner up to date with my memes also written out for Wednesday and Thursday picks! That way I'm not constantly checking my Goodreads pages for things. I also keep track of all the different shop sales in my planner too! So basically I have "rough" drafts through all of June! Which reminds me I need to start looking for a new planner as I am on the "academic planner" track. I still need to do "rough" drafts of my Top Ten Tuesday posts for May and June. I usually will write those out a month at a time so I don't overwhelm myself! Those can take some time! Lol. But when it's time to sit down and write them all up in post format, they are a breeze since I did all the work ahead of time!

I can't remember when I started being so detailed about all this! I know in the early days, I'd write my teaser that Tuesday at whatever time of day I found a good line to use! Lol. I might have wrote the Wednesday post ahead of time. And I can't remember if the Follow Friday prompts were posted ahead of time or not. Been blogging since 2009 remember? So much to remember because so much has come and gone!

I do feel like I've got my game down pretty tight here! Even if I somehow "fail" to write my blog posts on Friday night for however many weeks ahead I am, I end up writing twice as many the next week. Yeah, I'm that bad sometimes. Lol. But I suppose if I was doggone sick or tired I'd let it go. I might have a time or two, but then somewhere along the lines I wrote two weeks ahead again!

But needless to say, I'm a planner! I like knowing that I have content ready to go. Of course with some of my Can't Wait Wednesday posts I get "in trouble" (with myself really) when a book's release date changes! In fact, I think there's one I need to take out because of said release change and there's finally a cover to go with it now too. I think I had another pick to go with it, so I'll just delete the book with no cover or description.


So yeah, wow. Didn't plan on writing THAT much, but then I started reminiscing and I just kept writing! Lol. So the gist of all that was to ask DO YOU WRITE YOUR BLOG POSTS IN ADVANCE?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!