Mar 19, 2024

Let's Discuss: Does Hype Kill Your Enjoyment?

 

So I was wondering, does EXTREME HYPE surrounding an author/book/series ever kill the desire to want to read that particular book or whatever? I mean, there's one author who I do read, but the absolute hype that surrounds them and their work almost kind of kills some of my own enjoyment. It's like if you don't love it enough...then why are you bothering?


Does Hype Kill Your Enjoyment?


I mean, yes, I can agree that hype is deserved for a great series/author/book (really going to get tired of typing ALL of those options, lol!) but then when you keep seeing it. Over and over and over and over and then over again...your brain is just ready for something else! You're wanting to find a deep love or hype for something someone is not constantly talking about or seeing fanart of (even though they are all SUPER GORGEOUS! If I was a bajillionarie who had money to burn I'd be buying a LOT more of it!).

After awhile...you just start getting tired of seeing EVERYTHING from that hyped "thing!" I mean there are other "things" (and I am really hating to have to refer to a person as 'thing' but in order to keep myself from being wordy, I'm trying to shorten it up!) that deserve love and maybe a little bit of hype.

Granted, I do tend to read some of these hyped up books...if they look interesting enough. One series I could not get into. The first book was not for me at all so I thought myself done with it all, but then the next series that came about really sounded like my thing and so here I am now! I mean I guess part of it comes from my younger self not wanting to follow the "in-crowd" kind of thing. But at the same time I can admit that hype is deserved for great and outstanding work. It's just sometimes, you want some of the other outstanding work to be acknowledged too? You know?

I know some things just have to come naturally from the artists. They create what they are inspired to create, just like a writer or song composer. Maybe I just struggle to find the creators who love the same books/authors/series I'm obsessed with. I do do occasionally searches on the different sites for such things. But after some scams that left me stuck with things that were not as great as promised, I have to stick to the reputable sites and not go off track like I was wont to do.


What about you? How do you feel about hyped books? I mean do you try to avoid the hype or are you apart of it? There's no shameful answer. I'll admit I do enjoy some of the overly hyped books and get caught up in the artwork for them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that though I do enjoy the overly hyped books sometimes, I feel like after a point, it's like okay, that was great, but let's talk about some of the other amazing books!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!