Mar 10, 2024

Stacking the Shelves--The BIG One!

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

It was another whirlwind of a week! Work was the usual steady bordering on slow, not complaining at all! It's just the usual pace during our off season which I am not complaining at all! I had TWO signings this week which were a blast even if they were bordering the sketchy parts of town and I had to go through the worst part of town to get to them! The things I do for my authors! Elle Cosimano even recognized me from last year and knew my Instagram handle! I didn't have a big stack this time around since I had gotten them all signed last year! Lol. It was nice just getting the one book signed! Unfortunately my weekend kind of got bombarded by unexpected unpleasant company. So honestly I was in a mildly bad mood all weekend. Add in that I am losing an hour of sleep and will take me probably the rest of the month to get caught up and I'm just in a real grumpy mood. Is it bad that I can't wait til tomorrow when this company will be gone? Lol. Fingers crossed they won't return for a THIRD time next weekend. Yeah, they were around last weekend too. It's really annoying. I wish I could find my own place but sadly, there hasn't been any movement on that front. The houses that have popped up lately were missing some of my "need to have's" so I'm wondering if my realtor has the right criteria inputted. I thought I told her all the things, which really isn't a whole lot, so when one thing is off from a listing, it kind of already puts me off from looking at it. I still do of course, but the rest of the house does not make up for that missing criteria unfortunately. I'm almost out of signings for this month...and in general. I have one more at the end of the month and that's it for the time being. So the next two weeks are going to be a drag...especially with losing an hour of the day. You can keep your daylight, I'd rather have the hour! Lol.  


And finally...here's all the wonderful books I got this week! Prepare yourselves, Tuesday was a HUGE release day for me and B&N decided to delay the shipping of one book for some reason so I didn't get it this week, which yes angers the heck out of me. Just when I thought they got their shipping s*it together they pull this!


Endless by Josephine Angelini
One Last Breath by Ginny Myers Sain
What Monstrous Gods by Rosamund Hodge


The Prisoner's Throne by Holly Black--SIGNED!
The Prisoner's Throne by Holly Black--
B&N edition SIGNED! Yes, I still buy both since I started with the original trilogy in that way. It's hard to stop once you start a series like that! Lol.


Three Kinds of Lucky by Kim Harrison--SIGNED! Speaking of hard to stop...! While I liked Kim's new book, I'll admit I struggled with it a bit. But alas, I still found myself ordering a signed copy though to be fair I did preorder it before I decided to read the ARC that was sent to me!


Murder Road by Simon St. James--SIGNED! My first hardcover of hers too since I usually buy the paperback versions. But when the author visits, the order must be disrupted! Lol.



Finlay Donovan Rolls the Dice by Elle Cosimano--SIGNED!


Then at the beginning of the year I had won part of the 2023 Discussion Challenge hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight! I won a book of my choice and I went for one from my backlist of titles that I thought sounded interesting:

Charming by Jade Linwood


THANK YOU Nicole!



Then I got my Fairy Loot version of the final book in The Beautiful Quartet:

The Ruined by Renee Ahdieh--Fairy Loot edition!



Then my preorder goodies for The Bad Ones came this week! I totally forgot about the book portion as I first thought it was a surprise review book in the envelope until I opened it! Lol.


Tales from the Hinterland by Melissa Albert
SIGNED book plate!


THANK YOU Flatiron Books!




And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!