Mar 5, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"I could not scream. I tried and tried, my mouth open, as I gasped for air; tried and tried and tried to scream, in a terrible pantomime I would relive in my nightmares for months to come/ I was frozen, unable to move or run, and an icy grip took my upper arms, and lifted me from the floor." p 82


 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: The Haunting of Maddy Clare
AUTHOR: Simon St. James

PUBLISHER: Berkley
GENRE: Mystery
RELEASE DATE: March 6, 2012




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 



This week's topic is: Top 5 Weird Things I've Googled Thanks to Books (submitted by Astilbe @ Long and Short Reviews)



*in no particular order
**I chose weird, but honestly, I can't remember all of the things I've googled! They've been pretty random and it has been awhile since I've needed to google something. And really, the things I google are more random than weird too!


5. HOW HIGH OF HEIGHT CAN ONE JUMP FROM WITHOUT BREAKING BONES--more for my own research for something I was writing!
4. WHAT'S A STRONG DRINK YOU CAN SET ON FIRE--
lol, this one was also for something I was writing awhile back!
3. HOW FAR IS THIS STATE FROM THAT STATE--
basically when traveling is involved, I get curious about how long of a trip it is!
2. HOW LONG CAN YOU GO WITHOUT EATING--
I don't remember what prompted this one
1. HOW LONG UNTIL A DEAD BODY DECOMPOSES--
might have been something I was reading...I haven't written about dead bodies in this sense before. Lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!