Mar 7, 2024

Books from the Backlog #73

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This is a fun meme hosted by Carole @ Carole's Random Life in Books.

 

Trix Woodcutter is the long prophesied Boy Who Talks to Animals. He’s also a foundling prankster scamp who places his family under a sleeping spell so that he can run away from home. Compelled by a vision of his dead birthmother, Trix departs on the eve of a Great Catastrophe, only to find himself caught in the maelstrom. Armed with little more than his wits and the wisdom inherent in all fey-blooded youth, Trix confronts a legendary Animal King, faces off against a ghostly feline, rescues a damsel in distress, and discovers more about himself than he ever wished to know.

And this adventure is only the beginning.

 

 

 

 

 

I added Alethea Kontis' Trixter to my TBR pile in August of 2015 and there it still sits! It's novella length, if I recall as it was a side story of sorts from her main series...if I recall. But then I could be totally wrong since it's been way too long since I read that! I still follow the author on social media and I think she almost has the rights back to her series so she can continue it where the publisher cancelled it. So that would be exciting! I think I still need to read the last one that was published as well, as it was a series about seven sisters each named for a day of the week. It was a fun fairy tale fantasy series so I suspect this sort of spinoff here will be fun too as I am pretty sure it's the same world!

 

 

 

 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!