Mar 31, 2024

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

It was another week! And wow, did it fly by! I started the week off with a lovely author even with Scarlett St. Clair! I had met her two times before but when an author returns to St. Louis, I go regardless...of course the one time this did happen it was a blue moon because there was ANOTHER author signing that same night and since I hadn't met that author, I had to skip the one who returned...but I did order a signed copy of that book to keep myself up to date which thankfully was the only one I needed signed! Lol. After that it was a week of blah. I did FINALLY get my replacement copy of my lost book which I sadly think will be forever waiting for carrier pickup. Shockingly enough, the replacement copy came super fast! Like freaky fast! I had to wait until Wednesday morning to tell them about not getting the book and they ordered the replacement, so doing the math of how long it takes them to ship a book, I assumed I'd get it next week. It came on FRIDAY! After being sent out on Wednesday! It was a direct UPS shipping too! No passing STL to KC to go from UPS to USPS! It was wonderful! I mean why can't they do this all the time?! It came out of NJ which is where 99% of my orders usually come from. Every now and then it's somewhere else! So yeah, it's possible for them to get the books here in the shorter end of time membership shipping promises instead of getting to me PAST the longest amount of time.

I'm now looking at a long line of nothing now. I've no book signings in the near future...or future for that matter. I keep eyeing what what was supposed to be a Young Adult author conference/event but every author that has been mentioned writes MG and Children's...yet they are still calling the event a YA one. So that's weird. Nothing against MG and Children's I just find it odd that they are doing this...especially when they had a Children's one earlier this year. So yeah. Nothing to look forward to as of now.


But anyway, it was still a decent week all in all! I got my one book, a FL book and some preorder goodies!


Cursed Cruise by Victoria Fulton & Faith McClaren--I read Horror Hotel last year and loved it! It was a little bit cheesy but still perfectly creepy and thrilling kind of read! When I heard the dynamic duo was writing another book with the same characters I was ecstatic! I cannot wait to read this one!!



Destroy the Day by Brigid Kemmerer--Fairy Loot edition! I honestly just love how small these FL hardcovers are of this series! They are so cute! Lol. I was hoping that the stained pages would've been another color as the bring yellow just doesn't seem to fit. I guess I thought maybe a pink or light orange would've looked better, but oh well.



Then I got my preorder swag for What Monstrous Gods:


I got an art print of the characters & a SIGNED bookplate!


THANK YOU Rosamund!!



Then I got my preorder gift for Fate Breaker! I still need to start this series, and since Aveyard's last series made me regret reading as they released I thought it better to wait. Plus they are super long and never found time for them based on other things going on in life! Lol.

For some reason I got 2 patches...I reached my hand into the bubble mailed and pulled out 2 and was like oookkkaaay. Lol. So if any US person missed out on this gift and wants one, hit me up! I'll mail it to you! Got plenty of stamps to slap on a card so it's no biggie!



THANK YOU Epic Reads!



And then I finally received my latest cupcake pins from A Touch of Magic Designs! I fear I will have to reach out again about my damaged art print from October, but I know things have been crazy for her lately and then I think she had to find a new US supplier so I just got the pins for my last two orders. 



It was another Crescent City pin and a Jurassic Park one! I have to admit, even when I don't care for the fandom, the cupcakes are still just so darn cute! But this is definitely the last "series" I'll do for the whole set. I can't bring myself to stop now when there's only like 3 left! Lol.




And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!