Mar 3, 2024

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Well it was another week! Work continues to be on the slow side, which is just fine with me! The busy times are hectic so the lull until our busy season slowly starts is always a nice break before chaos ensues! I had one book signing this week and got to meet Victoria Aveyard again! It was a fun night and I was super touched that she recognized me from past events! The last one was YallFest just after the Pandemic, so you know a few hundred people ago we last met! I sadly couldn't go to the other signing as it sold out and no further tickets were added. Sucked that both events had to popup right around the holidays and I only allowed myself to buy one at the time and then I was trying to recoup finances from the holidays and then like a month before the signing they were sold out. Sigh. Oh well. I do have two signings this coming week, although they take place in shady areas. I am definitely going to one but am debating about the second. I met this author last year so I can always pick up the book at the bookstore later on. I haven't decided what I'm doing yet, it sucks that I always end up going alone to these otherwise I would feel better with safety in numbers but sadly I can never find anyone to go with. 


Here's what I got this week:


Fate Breaker by Victoria Aveyard--SIGNED!
Where the Dark Stands Still by A.B. Poranek--
this was an impulse Leap Day purchase when B&N had the extra stamps promo going on! I was eyeing this one and just thought what the heck, plus gift card! Lol.


Then for review from the publisher I received:

The Madness by Dawn Kurtagich (ARC)


THANK YOU Graydon House!


Then I got my Fairy Loot book for February and since I've been seeing it all over Instagram I am sharing the cover here:

The Crimson Moth by Kristen Ciccarelli--Fairy Loot edition! I have to admit, I at first thought this was Evangeline on the cover! Lol. Then I thought...did Fairy Loot get the cover wrong? I didn't feel like this was Fairy Loot's style based on the original UK cover. I'm funny with "people" covers. I don't always like them. I love character art, but for some reason, artistic renditions of people on covers doesn't always mesh with me. I prefer being able to imagine the characters on my own...and then seeing character art later is a bonus! I'm weird, I know. I'm saying contradicting things. But yeah, this may be the one time I actually flip the cover over and use the reverse as the actual cover. We'll see.

 

Then I received this last week and totally forgot to share it as the pictures got buried on my phone! I received my latest deluxe Caraval doll from Pages of the Night! I decided I had to have one since Britnee hand sculpted all these roses! So I went with Scarlet!

 



 

And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!