Apr 24, 2017

Discussion Post Challenge: Me & Cartoons

I had a sudden idea for a discussion post as I was typing up a comment and I felt like instead of explaining something in my comment, I cut it short and then decided to turn my spiel into a post! 

Me & Cartoons

So I'm an adult, and I find I watch cartoons a lot! Lol! But at the same time, I'm not really watching them, they're just on when I'm blogging or doing other things on my computer. It's merely background noise. And I'd rather have that one then something I really want to watch. With the shows that I actually watch I like to devote my full attention to them, so I don't normally watch those and blog at the same time.

I think I get my cartoon watching from my late grandfather. I grew up living with my grandparents, mom and sister after my parents divorced when I was really young. And I remember my grandpa always watching cartoons! Now maybe it was partly for my benefit, but I don't think that was always the case! He would watch the classics, Scooby Doo (which is also where my love for that show comes from), Looney Tunes (the original classic ones), Tom & Jerry, The Flintstontes, and the rest of the Hanna-Barbara line-up! I still watched my 90s cartoons as a kid too, because 90s Nicktoons were some of the greatest cartoons ever! Plus a few other non-Nick ones!

But yeah...I find when it's blogging time, I'll throw on some cartoons. I put Boomerang on a lot when I see some of the good ones are on! I'll admit, a lot of the newer Scooby Doo cartoons didn't appeal to me. I guess because, you know, it's not the original cast and all that! Though I think Casey Kasem did do a lot of voicing Shaggy even in the newer shows. Pretty much up until he died as I check out his flimography bio.

Sadly, I don't get to watch too much of my 90s shows as it seems The Splat is only on starting at 9pm, and yeah...I'm not always up then during the week! Lol. Plus it seems they're on a marathon kick now, so there's literally two shows on each night come the weekend! And the DVD editions of some of these are still pretty steep. I wish Netflix would just be able to have them! 

So what about you guys? What are your opinions/thoughts on cartoons? Do you "watch" TV when blogging?





4 comments:

  1. I totally put on music when I blog. I need something in the background to, but something that wouldn't grab my attention 100%. I will have to try out cartoons! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do watch tv when i am blogging. generally mine is reality tv of some kind. i do love cartoons though. i dont think we are ever to old for them. scooby doo is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cartoons too. Though I usually catch up on TV shows in the background while I'm blogging. Like right now Agents of Shield is on. I'm almost caught up on that show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch many cartoons anymore, though I used to watch them with my kids, and I still do from time to time (Phineas and Ferb is a favorite around here). I don't know many of the modern cartoons, though.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!