Apr 11, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"This would have to be Vika's decision, and her decision alone.

It was the freedom to determine her own fate that she'd yearned for." p 333*


*This quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.








TITLE: The Crown's Game
AUTHOR: Evelyn Skye
PUBLISHER: Balzer + Bray
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: May 16, 2017 



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten of the Most Unique Books I've Ever Read


*in no particular order


10. BETWEEN THE LINES by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer--this one was truly unique! A story that's divided into three, we have Delilah who's enchanted with a children's fairy tale, you have the fairy tale itself, and then there's Oliver, the prince from the fairy tale who asks Delilah to help break him out of the story!
9. THE DEAD HOUSE by Dawn Kurtagich--this one was a trip! and I loved it! Told in various formats with dairies and video clips we learn of two sisters, one who lives in daylight and the other at night...and they share the same body!
8. TIGER'S CURSE by Colleen Houck--this one was rich with culture! I didn't know anything about Indian mythology before this one. It could be overwhelming at times because of that, but I still truly enjoyed it and the series at large!


7. THE RULES by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie--just one of their many books they've written together! Their stories always involve multiple narrations, I can't remember how many this one had, maybe 6? Needless to say, there's a lot of points of view and yet, the story is told so smoothly! I am never confused when I read one of their books. It just flows together really nicely!
6. THE BODY FINDER by Kimberly Derting--what is so awesome about this series is that we get the killer's point of view as well! How creepy is that? Pretty much so!
5. WARM BODIES by Isaac Marion--a book told from the POV of a zombie. You'd think it's be a lot of Grr, Argh! (lol) But R is still pretty in-tune with his human side.


4. SLASHER GIRLS & MONSTER BOYS edited by April Genevieve Tucholke--a collection of terrifying short stories that were all based on some horror movie or other spooky kind of story! It was pretty creepy! But still totally awesome!
3. WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT by April Genevieve Tucholke--April has a real unique way of writing. This may have been one of the more bizarre ones, but it was still an interesting story format and telling.
2. SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi--Juliette is a unique kind of character as well. Though it's kind of warranted as she was locked up for most of her life. Plus her touch can kill a man, hence the locking up part. So her personality is a bit stunted you could say. Her crossing out her thoughts in the story is one of the things I found unique about the story.


1. ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff--you want a unique and incredibly amazing book? Read this one!! We're talking the ultimate unique way of telling a story! I initially held off because I wasn't sure how this email, chatroom chats, transcripts and the like would work to tell me a story, but OMG...IT WORKS!!







14 comments:

  1. Between the Lines, Shatter me and Warm bodies are truly unique! Though I didn't like too much the ending of the Shatter me trilogy I did enjoy the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What decision? I need to get caught up on books!

    Shatter Me was one my most unique reads as well.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like she especially values her freedom. Good teaser. And I liked your top 10 list too, some books to add to my TBR. My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read Illuminae so bad! I've read The Body Finder and Shatter Me and they were definitely unique. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a few on your unique list and agree with you. Come see my YA teaser for Missing by Kelley Armstrong. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Crown's Fate looks amazing, and I loved the teaser. Enjoy!


    Here's my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are mostly new book titles to me!! I love unique book reads!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my TTT post.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/04/top-ten-tuesday-my-top-seven-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could I forget Shatter Me? I LOVE the pretty and creative writing style. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freedom to choose. Could be good or bad.

    I loved Illuminae. Read book one and two and still think about them now and then!

    My TT from Thirteen

    ReplyDelete
  10. You put dead house and I did her other book The Trees Crept in. I really want to read Dead House. I also want/need to read illuminae but I want it in hardcover.

    Great list, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the big thumbs up for Illuminae. I need to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dont' think I ever knew what between the lines was about. Now I feel like I need to get my hands on it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Between The Lines was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/top-ten-tuesday-102/

    ReplyDelete
  14. So agree on Shatter Me! And I need to read Between the Lines! It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!