Apr 25, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"'And I'm with her,' Breakfast added, pointing at Una. 'The scary one.'" p 76















TITLE: Witch's Pyre
AUTHOR: Josephine Angelini
PUBLISHER: Feiwel & Friends
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: September 20, 2016 



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly NOT Want To Read A Book


*in no particular order
**this is going to be a lot harder...there's not usually much that will deter me from reading a book.


5. WESTERNS--yeah, I think a book I tried could be considered some kind of mesh of paranormal/dystopian with a western twist. I quickly learned westerns weren't for me.
4. ROMANCE--this is usually just for the books that are straight up romances. I don't like stories that just focus on characters falling in love with some minor interference. I like my romance to be a side course, not the main dish! Lol.
3. COMPLEX MAGICAL SYSTEMS--if the magical system confuses me within the description, then it's most likely to confuse me in the book. And those are ones I can't handle reading because I'm suffering migraines trying to understand the world I'm reading about.
2. CHEATING--if a description automatically mentions a character being a cheater, I'm not likely to pick it up at all because I don't condone cheating.
1. CONTEMPORARY--I've said it so many times, but yeah, contemp reads aren't for me. I used to read them as a teen, only because there weren't enough paranormals to read! And now that I have an abundance of them, I've never looked back to contemp books. 


That's all I got! I'm sure I will be agreeing with things you all say and tell myself I should've thought of that! LOL!



 



21 comments:

  1. Why is Una the scary one? Great teaser.

    I don't like westerns or cheating either.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your opening remarks. I found this topic too hard, so no TTT for me this week. As I read other people's lists, I find that there is not much to deter me either. I love contemporaries, especially contemporary romances (we're so opposite), but there are certain types of romance I say no to (BDSM, menage). A horrible cover will also deter me (this has only proven me wrong a few times). I am not huge on issues books, because sometimes they come across as preachy, but I don't automatically say no. Non-fiction is also a no-go for me. I have hit up a few memories, but that is as far as I go with that genre. Good list. It had me thinking. =)
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Westerns---agree, but with exceptions...I love Lonesome Dove. And True Grit.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read ad enjoyed a couple well-written westerns but that's generally not a genre I go for either. My list here: https://runwright.net/2017/04/25/books-to-avoid/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no interest in westerns either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on books that are straight up romances and cheating. And I'm picky on my contemporaries so I get that. But I LOVE Westerns, especially YA Westerns. Although I get that they're not for everyone. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't care for any cheating in books either. Nobody needs that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup on cheating. It's a total turn off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen cheating so many places today and I can't believe I forgot it. Great list here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love westerns. :).... oh i hate complex magic systems. I just get bored or lost or confused then bored again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee hee! That sounds like me and my sister, her being the scary one!

    My TT from Grilled, Chilled and Killed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most of your list is ones I love..LOL I can agree with cheating, I hate cheating in books
    Great List!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breakfast? Interesting character name. Thanks for visiting my blogs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not usual a fan of westerns, but sometimes I do like a steampunk western. :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my post! I do sometimes agree with westerns. I tried two with a supernatural twist. The Arrivals and the Dark Tower series but I couldn't get into either. I won't say I never like a western, but they aren't a genre I am drawn to. Have a nice week!
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm I don't think I've really read any westerns. I'm not averse to them, just never really found one to read yet. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm I don't think I've really read any westerns. I'm not averse to them, just never really found one to read yet. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know if I've ever read what is classified as a western. I've had to endure watching them for years. I've read some books that I think could be western-y, but I think it's perhaps a dying genre. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So with you on Westerns... just a genre I cannot do.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!