Aug 28, 2023

Let's Discuss: Book Reviews of Favorite Authors

 

Okay, so I've another topic that I discussed once I think it was in 2017, but I'm sort of doing a redo/update on it! Lol.


Book Reviews of Favorite Authors


Why I find this has not occurred so much lately since the blogging world is slowly dying and I am truly mourning the loss...there was a time when reviews of books were rampant! They were everywhere! I loved it! I could always count on someone I followed having a review of a book I was curious about but wasn't sure if I should buy just yet.

But anyway, there was one thing I never did...and still don't really do and that is reading reviews of my favorite authors' books.

Yup. Back then, when I could I was almost always caught up with authors' books that for my ultimate faves I didn't want to read a review and go in with any kind of opinion, be it good or bad. I'm like that sometimes still with certain books or authors. I don't want any opinion to effect mine. I mean way back in the day I would pick up a book without any knowledge of what it was about other than it's blurb. Most of those were always wins too!

Don't get me wrong bloggers have helped me out immensely! I've avoided books I thought I would not enjoy, I've found books I might not have otherwise noticed.

There's just those rare authors I still like to go in with kind of blind.

Then there's also the fact that for at least one of these authors I am incredibly behind with her books! They've just gotten sooo long and my reading speed as gotten sooo slow! Lol.

 

What about you! Do you like to read reviews of your favorite authors' books BEFORE you read the book? Do you go back and see what others thought? (I do do this sometimes, if I can remember or wasn't too far behind or if I see someone reads a book I loved and I think let's see what they thought!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!