Aug 20, 2023

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


It was a pretty mellow week. Which is always nice! Work is slowly starting to get busy which is expected. Right now I'm enjoying a long weekend off from work and spending time with family. We hit an annual festival yesterday which was really nice. It was hot, as always, but a more tolerable heat. We're about to hit excessive heat warnings starting today. I think we're in triple digits all week and are about to hit record-breaking temps. So I'll be indoors for the majority of the week! Lol. Only stepping out to get the mail and that's only if I've a book in the box! Lol!


Here's what I got this week:

Dirty Lying Dragons by Sabrina Blackburry--SIGNED! I got to meet Sabrina yesterday at the festival and in celebration of Bookstore Romance Day!


Vampires of El Norte by Isabel Canas--FREE! This was my free book I earned with Penguin Rewards! I had literally just emailed them yesterday morning too because the tracking they gave me never worked. It kept saying the number does not exist. And of course Saturday I never received my informed delivery email so I had NO way of knowing that this was coming! I feel bad now for sending the email!
See No Evil by Victoria Laurie--
my replacement book that Amazon delivered to a complete stranger and made me wait 48 hours to confirm that it was not delivered despite saying it was delivered and showing a photograph of it on someone else's doorstop!
The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--
Romanian edition! Funny how international Amazon people can find my address but not Amazon USA. Granted I believe the PO did deliver this one. Not sure why they couldn't deliver my original Amazon order like usual!



Then my purchase from the Festival of the Little Hills came from a shop I am going to be looking up very soon called Courtney Anne K Designs! She makes flowers out of book pages and I know lots of people love to recycle book pages into creations like this! I have neither the skill or the heart to tear a page out of the book but if someone does it for me I am okay buying and displaying it! Lol.


This rose was made from a page from Dracula and had (fake) blood splatter on it! I loved it! She even wrapped it up so prettily too s it started as just the rose!




And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!