Aug 6, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--Swag & The Missing CARD!

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Well it was another week! A bit of a stressful one as work is slowly gearing into its busy season and for whatever reason other teammates are working on other projects and aren't always participating in our pool of requests that we are to fulfill. I mean, we're a good group, but I feel like we sometimes lose some communication with being remote. Also we're all a bit spread out with some in FL, another is in AZ, and the rest of us are local with supervisors being in all of the above and CA! So yeah, we're all over the place! So we sometimes work on different things outside out normal scope but I'm feeling like some aren't being quite communicative with what's going on because a long time will go by before they say they are skipping their turn and will let the rest of us know when they can join the rotation again, which sometimes isn't until nearly the end of the day! But we all work different hours, so while it's nearly the end of my day those individuals will be on for another hour or two. But yeah, it's mite stressful sometimes because it's even hard to really talk with one another through chats because you can't read tone in chats.

 

But anyway, the week wasn't too bad! It was actually pretty calm book wise! I almost didn't get anything until I hit the library sale in a neighboring county this weekend! And since I'm just OCD about my books, I don't like all the library markings on books I want to read and keep, so there wasn't a whole lot left to choose from when you ignore those but then I found one title, a sequel to a book I haven't read yet but want to and thought why not?

 

Remember Yesterday by Pintip Dunn--I haven't read the first book but it's on the TBR pile and I first debated about buying a HC of book 2 when I bought book 1 in PB. But it was marked as .50 so I thought I could deal! Sadly, when I checked out I was bypassed through the book check line as I only had the 1 book and when I got to the register they were asking for my card. I looked at him like WTH are you talking about? What card? He was like, you don't have a card? I was like no, what card?! Then he talks to a director of sorts and says, she doesn't have a card. I'm like WHAT CARD?! I said I was just waved through to registers because this is all I had. Then she was like HC, okay $2. After all the kerfuffle about "the card" I was like okay, but as I was walking away, I was like, this was supposed to be .50! But then I was like it's fine! It's a $17 HC for $2 that is in brand new condition, .50 would've been amazing and what I should've paid, but $2 is fine! So yes, I had a bit of a headache after that! The library can have my $1.50 donation.


Then my preorder goodies for Never A Hero came in straight from Australia this week! I was so excited! I still need to read the first book but I felt confident about it, so yeah, I preordered the sequel and then submitted for these gorgeous character cards!

 

I got the character cards,
a bonus print that I got to choose, which I liked the looks of this one bc it gave me Caraval vibes, lol. Yup, the sole reason I picked it!
a signed bookplate
a bookmark

 

THANK YOU Vanessa & HarperTeen!


Then my June A Touch of Magic Designs order finally came in! I was a bit worried about it being late, but never fear, it arrived!


In a bid to try to cut back on what I spend frivolously, I only allowed myself to buy the OUABH Mermaid print and the Cupcake of the Month pin! I was quite proud of my restraint this time around and though I wanted to, I didn't even let myself shop during the incredible birthday sale...mainly as I had the prints I really really wanted and couldn't justify buying something just to buy something on sale.



And then the happiest piece of mail I got was the OUABH 2nd surprise gift! I first thought I was not getting this as I received an email that basically told me I wasn't, but then it arrived a few days later and I about cried happy tears!


THANK YOU SO MUCH Flatiron Books!


I'm planning to frame this one as well, but have to wait til next weekend when I know I will have time to go out to my storage unit where I placed my framed Jack print! I want to see if I can get a matching frame and I can't remember where I bought it. At this point, I'm thinking Michaels, but there could be an "identifying" price tag sticker or something on the back of the frame in storage so I will check it then. Definitely want a 3 bedroom house now just so I can have a Caraval room! Not a guest themed bedroom mind you, just a room filled with bookcases of Caraval/OUABH books and matching artwork on the walls and other shelves displaying all my artwork creation pieces I've acquired. Sigh...it's the Caraval Dreamhouse of My Dreams! Lol!



And that was it for me this week! Not too bad all things considered as it was mostly swag!



 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!