Aug 21, 2023

Let's Discuss: Bookplates

 

Hey all I am back! I've been struggling all month on this challenge trying to think of something to talk about and I finally have a brief little thing I thought I would discuss! I guess after so many years of doing this challenge I am finally running out of things to talk about! Plus there's been a lack of new tags, or at least I can't seem to find them anymore!


Bookplates


My topic today I decided is bookplates! When you get the opportunity to receive one, should it be a preorder, contest win, or what have you I wonder what page do you like to put your bookplate on?

Typically I like putting my bookplates on the first title page or is this called something else? Subtitle page? It's not the GRAND title page where the author name is and everything like this:


Since I know this is typically the page that an author will sign, I like leaving that space open should I get the chance to meet the author later down the line. Yes, I will bring books that have signed bookplates with me to get signed. Especially if I loved said book and want it personalized!


There have been times when I've encountered only one title page, like there was no setback page (is that what's it called? It just popped in my end and I can't remember if I am recalling something accurate or not! Lol!) and I have a bookplate. Then depending on what other page I "like" I've put it on the first blank page of the book and there might have been occasions where I'll slap it on the dedication page since there's usually some room on that page as well!

Basically, I like to leave the main title page open for the author to sign should the day come when I get to meet them! Always be prepared, lol!


What about you? Does it matter to you where you put your bookplates? Do you put them on the traditional title page or do you like to stick them on another page in case you get the opportunity to meet the author one day?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!