Aug 29, 2023

Sizzlin' Summer Book Tag

 

So I saw this tag through the Discussion Challenge group and thought it sounded like fun! I found it over at Lili Lost in a Book and I borrowed her gorgeous image as you all know how much I love purple these days! Lol! Lili found that it was created by Jesse the Reader and after looking it over and I thought it sounded like fun and I wanted to join in on it too!



SUMMERTIME

A book that you feel brings on the ultimate summer vibes

I've never really had books bring on seasonal or holiday vibes as my genres don't really recognize those things as "themes," so to speak. But every time we talk summer and summer reads or beach reads, Jaws has been my go to for pure irony's sake! Lol!




SUNSCREEN

A book you felt protected you from a reading slump

I've honestly never had a reading slump! I always have soooo many books that I want to read that it's never been a problem for me to be in a slump! But I'm choosing Old Magic as it was a book I discovered in my hard days of looking for paranormal or magical reads and it was a breath of fresh air for at the time I (likely, as it was ages ago and I can't really remember) was in danger of having to re-read something! Lol. I did use to re-read but I always loved having new stories!



SUNBURN

A book that burned you

I actually had to search through my past reviews to find something as I can't always remember the books that burned me, which I guess is a good thing! I went in hoping for so many things from The Missing Season and was constantly letdown at every turn!



POOL TIME

A book that made a splash in your life & had you diving in deep & making it your entire personality

I mean is anyone really surprised? Lol! I thought I might as well go with the book that started it all in my love and devotion of Stephanie's books! If you're new here, just use the search bar under my list of posts and search for Stephanie Garber, you will see a ton of posts and things that describe my absolute love of her books! :)



FIREWORKS

A book with an explosive plot that kept you hooked on the book

OMG! Stephanie's second series may actually fast becoming my favorite of hers! The Ballad of Never After absolutely had me hooked from beginning to explosive ending and I NEED THE FINAL BOOK YESTERYEAR! Lol! Planning a well timed re-read of this trilogy in October to hopefully end just before the third book comes out so I can be 1010% ready!




LEMONADE

A refreshing read that reminded you why you love reading

Although I hardly ever need a reminder of why I love reading, I am choosing Master of Iron by Tricia Levenseller and theoretically I could choose the first book but when I was flipping through my reviews to help me narrow down a choice I saw this one first! Lol. I chose this one as it was refreshing to have a heroine who wasn't perfect. Ziva had a social anxiety that is practically a mirror to my own. I just loved seeing a heroine who wasn't battle ready and fierce and perfect. She was a bit flawed but had reasons to try and reasons to fight anyway and I just loved that!



POPSICLE

A short and sweet book that melted away far too quickly

Though I am still pretty behind in this amazing series, I find that the books are just perfectly sweet! I love that they are all paranormals that take place in a little town where it's always Halloween and the vampires and witches, and shifters are all real! Every book is just so sweet and while they may not be "short" in terms of actual page length, averaging in the low 300s I felt like this series was the right choice regardless!



FIREFLIES

A book that lit up your life

I'm betting everyone had this one narrowed down to at least 5 books! Lol! Maybe 2-3 depending how long you've been following me! I chose Legendary because I positively adored Tella! I shared some commonalities with Scarlett but I felt like I might have shared a little more with Tella! Plus I love how she always just spoke her mind regardless of tact or what have you! This book was just a delight because I am pretty sure I was laughing and chuckling way more than I ever had in a book before!




SUNSET

Show us the prettiest, most summeresque book cover

Well this was another hard one! So I flipped through some titles that I thought wouldn't be the dark and dreary type as somehow most of my books tend to have covers like that! Lol. But Kristen Painter's The Siren Saves the Billionaire looked like a good summery cover that wasn't another Jaws one! Lol. This is one I still need to read, I'm need to get to book 10 and this is 13. Yes, it's a series you don't have to read in order, but my psyche has never been able to accept that fact! Lol.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!