Oct 17, 2011

ARC Review--The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Ash, former prince of the Winter Court, gave up everything. His title, his home, even his vow of loyalty. All for a girl… and all for nothing.

Unless he can earn a soul.

To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.

Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.

I received this e-ARC courtesy of NetGalley for review

Julie Kagawa's The Iron Knight was truly epic! When I saw it on NetGalley I pounced! Was so glad to get it so early!! In simple words: I loved it!

This time around instead of having Meghan tell the story we get to have Ash as our p.o.v. guy. I don't normally read books with a guy as a p.o.v., usually because they don't have a plot that entices me to read it. But since I've read Julie's previous books, I was not bothered at all with Ash as our main character! And the fact that Puck was with him was just GREAT!

As we know by now, Ash and Puck have a history and do not always get along. Puck is one of my fave characters. He's snarky and just plain funny. He's also a loyal friend and helps Ash out despite being told to go away. 

The plot was just downright thrilling! Ash is trying to reach The End of the World in order to get his soul so that he can be with Meghan. He will do whatever it takes to be with the one he loves. But in order to do that, he must find the oh-so-wonderful Grimalkin. I love that cait sith! He's so snarky and witty!

Anyway with Grimalkin, Puck, and even The Big Bad Wolf as his travel companions the quartet still meet another person who can help them on their journey. And reluctantly they agree to the extra.

A tale of a long harrowing journey to see just how far Ash will go for the one he loves. He will do anything to get his soul back so that he can enter the Iron Realm and be with Meghan. He will have to overcome obstacles meant to challenge him and make him think and act differently than he normally would.

Of course, he still must reach the End of the World alive first.

Truly a wonderful addition and conclusion to the Iron Fey Chronicles. I loved this series from beginning to end and this one was just as fabulous as the previous 3. Maybe more so since we got to hang out with the guys and got to enjoy pages and pages of Puck and his snark!! The ending was nice as well. I saw it coming, yet the manner in which it happened was a happy surprise.

Overall rating 5/5 stars

The Iron Knight releases October 25, 2011

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful review! I have to agree, this is a nice ending to the Iron Fey Series, I so need more though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. This was a fantastic book and such a great ending to the series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Jessica! Thank you! I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought The Iron Knight was an amazing end to one of my favorite series. Julie Kagawa is truly an amazing author!

    Great review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so glad to hear that this book was just as good. I'm sad to see the story end but I really have loved these books. I love that Grim too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED this one. It had to be my favorite out of all the books in the series. Ash and Puck together in the adventure made me so happy!

    Great review Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!