Oct 8, 2011

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Here's a little info about the meme taken from Larissa's blog:

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.

Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

It's a TIE! This week's topics are: Inappropriate Romance Reading Spots & Best Novellas! (Alone or in an anthology)

Unh! This is a tough one since I don't read too many romance novels, therefore I don't know the inappropriate places to read em. But I will still give it a shot!


*in no particular order

INAPPROPRIATE ROMANCE READING SPOTS
School

A very inappropriate place to read the books since other students and possibly teachers would gasp with shock at the racy covers! Plus who wants to blush and fan themselves while there too?! 


The Office/Work

Basically the adult version of school! Even when on a break, it may not be "safe" to read a romance novel!


While Driving

Okay, this really goes for ANY book, but I couldn't resist when I saw an actual picture on Google!


Church/or other house of religion

Regardless of your religion, I don't think it would be appropriate to be reading a racy romance or any romance novel in your place of religion! That just seems taboo!


Grandma's House

There's just something wrong about reading a romance novel at Grandma's house as well. Just feels dirty in a sense! Unless grandma likes them too, then you're okay!! :)

Of course, the solution to any and all of these problems is to get one of these:


I actually have this one too!! ;) Click the picture to be taken to the website to purchase one so you never again will be reading a romance book in an inappropriate place!



BEST NOVELLAS (STAND ALONE OR IN AN ANTHOLOGY)



One of my top faves in anthologies! It has 5 of my fave authors! Not one I didn't love!



Another great one! I love urban fantasy and this was the perfect anthology for me!!



This was a good anthology filled with lots of stories regarding vampires! One of my faves from here, that I can recall, was Rachel Vincent's story! Her first (published) vampire tale!!



This was another good one! I love these paranormal themed anthologies edited by Trisha Telep! And it helps that a lot of my fave authors are always in them too!! From this one I really enjoyed Maria V. Snyder's story (naturally)! It wasn't set in her usual books' times so it was different and fabulous!!



This one I'm sorta cheating with since I haven't read the whole book yet! Started it yesterday, while also trying to babysit my 2 1/2 year old niece--not an easy task to do at all! Lovin it so far from the few that I read! Really think the rest will be superb as well!!


1 comment:

  1. That vampire book cover is too funny! And I can't wait to read Enthralled!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!