Aug 25, 2013

Stacking the Shelves--2 weeks worth!

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



Had a pretty darn good week--well 2 weeks since I didn't do a post last week since I was still out of town--of book getting! Not too much to add to the TBR mountain but didn't come out empty handed, hence, a pretty darn good week(s)!

First off for review from the publishers via Netgalley, Edelweiss and good ol' paperback copy I got:

Cold Blooded by Amanda Carlson (ARC)
The Damsel and the Daggerman by Delilah S. Dawson (ARC)
Chimera by Kelly Meding (ARC)
Kitty in the Underworld by Carrie Vaughn*


Thanks Orbit, Pocket Star, Tor, and Netgalley and Edelweiss!!


Then I got a totally awesome SWAG pack from Darynda Jones since I entered her contest last month. Didn't win, but hey, I love SWAG!!

I loooove swag!! I got an awesome journal with the cover of Fifth Grave Past the Light, a Thank You postcard, a bracelet that says Grim Girl with adorable skulls and crossbones on it ;), booksmarks that feature the covers of all her books for her adult and YA series, a pen and of course the nifty black bag!


Then last week I got a few things as well, such as a SIGNED copy of The Beautiful and the Cursed that I won from a contest at Books of Love! I have yet to read this but I really really want to, because gargoyles rule!!


Thanks Grace and Page, of course!


And I also won another contest at Frodo's Blog of Randomness and got a giftcard to Amazon! 


Thanks Eric!


Then this week I also bought this, it's not book related but still equally important:



This is perhaps one of the best Disney sequels ever and the last one to be released in theaters when it came to animated flicks! You know the Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast and Lion King ones were all direct to VHS back in the day!


And I do believe that's all I got in the past two weeks! What did you get?

Oh and don't forget, today is the last day to enter my AAD giveaway!
 



24 comments:

  1. Return to Neverland is not just equally important, but arguably more important! I love all things Peter Pan - Hook is still one of my favourite films of all time!

    Infinitely jealous of your giftcard by the way! Oh the books you could buy ...

    Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love to read The Beautiful and The Cursed! :D Hope you enjoy all your new reads! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Amanda Carlson's book on my shelves, just haven't read it. Great books and swag. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool haul. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice assortment of books and stuff. I hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for visiting my blogs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome haul of books. I really enjoyed The Beautiful and The Cursed and hope you will as well. I love Gargoyles as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by - those first four all look interesting.

    Here's my new additions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Chimera has a cool cover! I love it! Definitely need to look into that one! I haven't heard of the others, but I hope you enjoy them!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got The Beautiful and the Cursed also!!! I can't wait to get reading it :D Too bad school starts tomorrow -_- I wish summer was forever....
    Happy reading
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not heard of any of these books but they do sound interesting, I love the cover for The Beautiful and the Cursed its stunning. Congrats on all the wins :) Hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Cold Blooded and really need to pick it up soon. And I have the first two books in Kelly Meding's series and want to get to those one day. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, The Beautiful and the Cursed! I have that book - it is so gorgeous! I hope you love all of your books, Jessica!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I fell behind on the Kitty series and probably need to think about getting caught up. Really shouldn't read reviews for these books. Once again, we have some of the same books! Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hala! All those goodies, they're so lovely Jessica. Why are you so lucky? I swear I haven't won even a single giveaway. Can you share some of your luck to me? Hahaha!

    Have fun reading them, Jessica. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Thoughts and Pens Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love swag too! Enjoy all your goodies and books.
    Thanks for stopping by the Harem.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow that's awesome, you had many wonderful things! COld blooded was so great I hope you'll like it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!! The Beautiful and the Cursed! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome haul! Right now I am reading The Beautiful and the Cursed and enjoying it immensely... Also, that Darynda Jones swag pack is entirely too epic.

    I really want to read Cold Blooded. It might just be because of that castle and moon in the background though.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Emily @ Reader Rising

    ReplyDelete
  19. I read The Beautiful and the Cursed was a pretty good book, I enjoyed it quite a bit! Thanks for stopping by my IMM :)

    Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic books, Jessica! I hope you enjoy them all! :) I'm looking forward to Cold Blooded as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice looking haul from these past couple weeks. You won lots of great stuff gift card, swag and The Beautiful and the Cursed of which I am jealous of and hope you love it. Thanks for stopping by my sts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A wonderful haul Jessica and I love swag :) congrats on your win!

    I am curious about Chimera and I love the cover of Beautiful and the Cursed.

    Have a great week & happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That Charley Davidson journal is SO AWESOME! Hope you get your hands on that book soon, it was fantastic. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Beautiful and the Cursed! Hooray for Gargoyles. That is the only book you got that I have heard of (and read) but they all look great. Hope you enjoy. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!