Jan 6, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"I am at the center of a weird possessive feud between the Winter king and the Cordellan prince. How in the name of all that is cold did that happen?" p 165


*  *  *  *  *  *


"Theron turns to me, half his face alight with the beginnings of a smile. 'My weapon of choice doesn't matter,' he says, continuing our conversation like nothing happened. His eyes flash to Mather over my shoulder. 'No matter what I use, I always hit my mark.'" p 165





TITLE: Snow Like Ashes
AUTHOR: Sara Raasch
PUBLISHER: Balzer + Bray
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: October 14, 2014 




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Most Anticipated Debut Novels For 2015


*in no particular order


Hmm...well I just went through my release list and I don't have a whole lot of debut authors...so far! It tends to happen that I will pick something up after reviews of said title! Here's what I got though:

1. The Creeping by Alexandra Sirowy--saw this one just last week on WoW day at a fellow blogger's blog and it sounds sooo good! Creepy good! ;)
2. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard--been hearing a lot of buzz over this one! Sounds intriguing and loving the cover!
3. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey--remember hearing about this one last year too! Sounds exciting and again, COVER LOVE!


4. A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas--a Sleeping Beauty sequel-esque story? YES PLEASE!
5. The Wrath of Dawn by Renee Ahdieh--this one sounds kind of intriguing as well! Might wait for some reviews before taking it on though!
6. The Leveller by Julia Durango--another dystopian that sounds exciting!


7. The Cage by Megan Shepherd--yes not a "debut" technically. Though it is a new to me author with a new series, so I'm gonna count it since I apparently don't have anymore debuts on my list! And a few of the above ones were ones I happened upon while looking for pictures of the ones on my list! :)






30 comments:

  1. Snow Like Ashes looks good! I'm adding that one to the list. And it looks like 2015 is going to have some great debuts! I'm loving all of the covers.

    Old Follower
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did she get caught between two guys? Nice tease. I want to read The Leveller, sounds really interesting.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of interesting new books coming in 2015! Thanks for sharing yours.

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting tease. I'd like to add this one to my shelf too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for The Girl at Midnight, Red Queen and A Wicked Thing!! I think I have arcs of all three so I'm definitely hoping to get to them soon! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list. I am super excited for The Cage. Nice teaser too. i hope to get to read this book soon. Can't wait to see your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited for Red Queen, A Wicked Thing, and The Wrath & the Dawn. I totally forgot about The Girl at Midnight. That one sounds really good too! There are seriously so many amazing debuts this year! Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great List. I am anxiously awaiting the release of The Read Queen, The Girl at Midnight and The Cage. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, A Sleeping Beauty-esque story! How have I not heard of this one?! Thanks so much for the heads up on these awesome debuts. I'm so excited for 2015!

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Half of those are on my list too! Especially excited for The Wrath and The Dawn and A Wicked Thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed Snow Like Ashes. The Girl at Midnight is at the top of my must read list. It's so pretty and it sounds SO good! I have a few of these on my list, too. I can't wait to read them all!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your list! We have several in common. Great minds? I can't wait for The Creeping! Ironically, I forgot to add it to my list...

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay you got Snow Like Ashes!!!!!!!
    I hope you are loving it!
    The Girl at Midnight is on my list as well. It sounds like it has amazing potential!
    Thanks for stopping by Books To The Tea Jessica!
    Happy reading!
    Ashley
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh AWESOME Teaser!! I LOVED SNOW LIKE ASHES SOOOO MUCH!!! I hope your enjoy it!! And GREAT list of anticipated 2015 books!!

    Thanks stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed Snow Like Ashes when I read the ARC a while ago. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Teasers! I love the cover for Snow Ashes! Hope you enjoy. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the teaser. That looks good. I think I'm gonna add it to my TBR list. Great list as well. I didn't get around to TTT this week, but I love yours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great teaser & list! I enjoyed Red Queen & The Leveller, my thoughts are still all over the place about The Cage.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. Red Queen, The Wrath and The Girl of Midnight made my list too! And The Cage sounds really good.
    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for checking out our teasers today. I've heard great things about Snow Like Ashes. Enjoy! :)

    I also posted my review of Red Queen today. I LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes to A Wicked Thing! Red Queen is blowing up nearly every TTT post I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hadn't heard of A Wicked Thing but I love fairy tale retellings/sequels/prequels so I'll keep an eye out for that!

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping over at my blog (Omnom Books)! I loved Snow Like Ashes, i hope you enjoy it just as much :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, I read your review of Snow Like Ashes first but I have to say those teasers make me that much more anxious to read it!! And I am looking forward to Red Queen too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Red Queen just sounds soooo good! So excited for that one. And I loved the teasers from Snow Like Ashes!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG I am still mad crushing on Theron *swoons*

    I am excited for The Girl at Midnight too and Cage looks so amazing and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great list – I chose quite a few of the same ;) And that teaser!! AAh, I need to read Snow Like Ashes super soon. Thanks for stopping by :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!