Jan 13, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


Choosing teasers from my last read as that was what I was prepping for the day before! And I want to prepare you for the scariness of the second teasers. Booklovers everywhere will want to brace themselves...


"Noah looks at me like maybe I'm totally off my meds. Which I am. But that is totally beside the point." p 137*


*  *  *  *  *  *

"'Name redacted,' I say, then I reach for another book and hurl it against the wall as well. And then another.

And another.

And another." p 279*


*Quotes come from the ARC, therefore they and the page numbers may not be final.




TITLE: All Fall Down
AUTHOR: Ally Carter
PUBLISHER: Scholastic Press
GENRE: Suspense YA

RELEASE DATE: January 27, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To


*in no particular order


1. The Warrior by Victoria Scott--dying to see how this series ends!
2. Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen--heard good things on this one, bought it, but still need to read it!
3. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins--looooved her Hex Hall and spinoff series and still need to read her newest series!



4. Fatal Fortune by Victoria Laurie--loooooove her books! So need to read this one!
5. The Witch with No Name by Kim Harrison--I'm ashamed to admit not having read the finale to this one yet. I don't want it to end though!
6. Low Midnight by Carrie Vaughn--okay, this one came out on December 30 and I was in the midst of books at the time, so it's not like I could really read it!


7. Seventh Grave and No Body by Darynda Jones--total coincidence that I put it at number 7 too! Swear! Still can't believe I didn't get to this one! I mean it's Charley Davidson!!!!
8. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen--picked this one up towards the end of the year after several stunning reviews! Still can't believe I didn't read it!
9. Cursed Moon by Jaye Wells--another I can't believe I didn't read! The third one is coming out soon too!!


10. Darkness Falls by Keri Arthur--soooo want to see how this series ends as well, but just haven't gotten to it yet!





42 comments:

  1. Someone sounds a little angry. And how dare they throw books against a wall.

    The Warrior - I never got around to reading that one either last year. Maybe we'll both have better luck this year.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words, STOLEN SONGBIRD!! I want to read The Queen of the Tearling too. Heard fabulous things about that one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got around to The Warrior either. I loved Rebel Belle though. You should totally read it.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Rebel Belle and The Queen of the Tearling - they both sound amazing! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can completely understand holding off on the final book in a series, Jessica. I still haven't read the last Morganville Vampires story, because I don't want it to end...
    Great list this week, and very interesting teaser.
    Have a terrific Tuesday and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. great list. I have Stolen songbird waiting on my shelves. I so love the teasers. Can't wait to get to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I totally forgot about Queen of the Tearling. That is another book that I kept meaning to pick up but never did. I must look into that again...Ugh I want too many books haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice teasers, and I'd really like to read Stolen Songbird!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone is really angry. And those poor books!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/13/teaser-tuesdays-95-growl/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stolen Songbird, Rebel Belle and The Queen of the Tearling are among my favorite reads of 2014! I hope you are able to read these soon and love them as much as I did!!!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  11. All Fall Down sounds like a great book! I'll have to check that one out when it releases. Thanks for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rebel Belle and Fatal Fortune need to be added to my wish list. All Fall Down sounds really interesting too. Hope you get a chance to read all those older releases.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Queen of the Tearling is on my TBR list too! There were so many good books in 2014. It's overwhelming! Great pick :)

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven´t read any of your TTT list but I want to read Rebel Belle.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teasers. Loved those. :D Hope you get to all your read this year too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Throwing books against the wall?! That should be illegal!! Great teasers! I can't believe you haven't read Seventh Grave and No Body! You know Eighth Grave comes out this spring, right? Better get on it, girl :-) Here's my TT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to read All Fall Down!!! Agh, your teaser has me so excited :) Stolen Songbird and Seventh Grave and No Body are the only ones on your list that I've read but they were both pretty good, especially Stolen Songbird.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, man. Don't hurt the books. What did they ever do to you? lol
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT ~ Gone Before Goodbye by Nora Leduc

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great teaser! I think I might have to check it out! Here's mine ~ https://alisbooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/13/teaser-tuesdays-13/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've really been meaning to read Stolen Songbird. I love going through these lists because it reminds me of more awesome books to add to my TBR list!

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Warrior was so good! And I need to read Rebel Belle as well.
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely LOVED Rebel Belle! I never got around to reading The Queen of the Tearling either and I really want to read Stolen Songbird. I hope you get to read these soon!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great picks, I really need to start that Kim Harrison book!!

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I just added Stolen Songbird to my wish list a couple days ago. It looks so good and I love the cover! Also Rebel Belle! But for some reason I have it in my head to wait until all the books in that series are out so I can binge them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so behind on the Victoria Laurie series! I'm not even sure I have that one! The Queen of the Tearling and Witch With No Name are on my TBR as well. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those teasers make me want to read All Fall Down even more. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've reminded me that I need to read Rebel Belle!

    My TTT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha, great teaser!! It reminds me of how I feel when I get into a reading slump!!!

    I hope your enjoy it, and thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woman, I can't believe you still haven't read The Queen of Tearling!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm looking forward to All Fall Down! Great teaser! Oh man! So many books on your list you've reminded me I need to read too! Stolen Songbird, Rebel Belle, and Queen of the Tearling! I hope you get to all these soon Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really enjoyed both sentences of your tease! Great picks!

    TRISH

    ReplyDelete
  32. I definitely want to read The Queen of Tearling! Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  33. The first teaser made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This book sounds iinteresting and has me intrigued..Will check it out..I hope you enjoy it! :)
    The Top Tens list is so cool..I know if I get down to naming just ten it would be too difficult since I have so many I want to read but havent got down to. :)

    -Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  35. I haven't read Rebel Belle either but I've been meaning to... Great post! Here's my Teaser Tuesday post: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/01/teaser-tuesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ohh I like this teaser. i think i def want to read this one and great top ten picks too!
    <3 Britt

    ReplyDelete
  37. Queen of the Tearling and Stolen Songbird are two that I definitely want to get to soon. I've heard amazing things about both and now, thanks to you :), I have Queen of the Tearling (which is by the way the most beautiful hardcover book in the world). I've had Stolen Songbird since it came out, but then when Strange Chem went under, I was kind of waiting to see what would happen with the sequel and then I kind of forgot about/got distracted with other shiny books.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh Stolen Songbird and Queen of the Tearling are two I need to get to soon as well!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  39. Queen of the Tearling! We're in the same boat!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Haha! Maybe she is off her meds! Great teasers!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  41. Stolen Songbird is one I need to get my hands on at some point. And Keri Arthur's books are always fun. Thanks for stopping by my STS. sorry for the VERY late return stop.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have not read any Darynda Jones books, but keep meaning to try them. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful goodies.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT ~ The Lie by Ashley Fontainne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!