Jan 20, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


As you can see, this read had all too many amazing teasers! I limited myself to two! And believe me, I had more! At least I'm mostly within in the rules! Both teasers are only 3 sentences!


"We hadn't touched at all since his domineering stunt three days ago. Compromise Lesson One: Pull a dick move, and your dick gets denied. Every woman knew that, and now, so did the vampire sitting next to me." p 30


*  *  *  *  *  *

"Because you didn't link to him before, it was only a dream! my inner voice taunted me.

My jaw clenched. I don't care if it officially made me schizophrenic; one day I was going to kill that bitch." p 122






TITLE: Bound by Flames
AUTHOR: Jeaniene Frost
PUBLISHER: Avon
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 27, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is:  FREEBIE! Top Ten Book Boyfriends


*in no particular order--because seriously...how could there be an order?!


YA BOYFRIENDS--If I was a teen, they'd soooo be my boyfriend! LOL!

1. Daemon from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux Series--of course Daemon's my #1! He's the only one that's excluded from the "no particular order rule"!
2. Dimitri from Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series--I fell hard for him just like Rose did! Love this guy!
3. Roth from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Dark Element Series--yes! ROTH! Team ROTH!! Love this demon!


4. Jarrod from Marianne Curley's Old Magic--(one of) my old school boyfriend! He's hot! What can I say? Seriously, I can't say more for spoiler reasons!
5. Ash from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey Chronicles--yes, I was a Team Ash! While I loved Puck and he made me laugh, I just fell for Ash in that romantic way instead of Puck. Still adore Puck though!


ADULT BOYFRIENDS:

6. Bones from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress Series--yes Bones! LOVE Bones! Really, what else is there to say but BONES!
7. Kisten from Kim Harrison's Hollow Series--oh Kisten...how I miss you!
8. Reyes from Darynda Jones' Charley Davidson Series--Reyes is just one of those bad boys you have to love and don't want to change! ;)


9. Clay from Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld Series--Clay was the first male of the series and still remains to be my most favorite out of the bunch!
10. Marc from Rachel Vincent's Shifters Series--Marc all the way! I was soooo Team Marc from the beginning...or at least when a choice came up! Loved Marc though! He was so sweet!





25 comments:

  1. I'm with Vonnie. Loved that line. Totally funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teasers! Your first three YA book boyfriends and your last two Adult book boyfriends I have I have meet and claimed as mine before. A few I haven't meet but will be looking up. Team Marc as well.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can have Dimitri and I will take Adrian ;) We are going to have to kick some damphir and alchemist butt though to steal them away from Rose and Sydney!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's kind of cracking me up how many people used the freebie for book boyfriends! Haha! Great minds, I guess. I don't actually know who most of yours are though...

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers! Sounds like a good book!

    Stormi
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica I love your teaser, and I love your list of book boyfriends even more! Ash was my fave too, and can I say we need to fight it out over both Marc, Bones and Kisten??
    Have a terrific Tuesday. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, Daemon and Ash are two of my faves too. I almost did a boy crush top ten this week too, but I've done too many boy crush posts (hehe).

    Love the topic and the picks!

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can have Marc from Rachel Vincent's Shifters series... I'll take JACE! I love that man. I wish he was real. I'm so excited for the spin off series with lots more Jace. Great choices (I'd take Dimitri, too).

    Nice Jeaniene Frost teaser!

    Great posts!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of those I haven't read, so I can't say for sure if they'd be my choices for boyfriend material, but Jennifer Armentrout, Julie Kagawa, and VA are all on my list. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Teasers! Here's mine! http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2015/01/teaser-tuesday-83-frostfire-by-amanda.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely agree with all the ones that I've read that those guys would be excellent book boyfriend materials. So I'm assuming that the ones that I haven't read would have to be as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice list! My #1 book boyfriend is Adrian Ivashkov from VA.

    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jealous that you already have Bound by Flames. I have a classic mystery this week: Elusive Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, nice topic for the week!!! I like your list. :-) Here's my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-tuesday-authors-id-like-to-meet.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some of these are new to me but they look super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see why there would be a lot of quotes in this one. That first one cracked me up! LOL

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/20/teaser-tuesdays-98-in-too-deep/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I do love book boyfriend posts! A big yes to Dimitri, Ash, and Daemon! (Sorry Roth, I'm for Zayne, LOL.)

    BONES! CLAY! YESSSS! I need to read Rachel's Shifters series still...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clay! I loved him from Bitten too. But I have a huge thing for Jeremy from that series. I really need to get around to reading Rachel Vincent's Shifters series. It always sounds really great. Awesome topic for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahaha your theme for this week is great! Definitely made me laugh in the middle of a super long day :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha, LOVE that teaser! I REALLY need to check out Jeaniene Frost's books!! I'm seriously probably the only person in readers history who hasn't read anything by this women!! I hope your enjoying it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really do like Ash so far but I have only read the Iron Knight, Puck is pretty hilarious too though so I am pretty much 50/50 between the two at the moment.

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have to admit that all these boyfriends as new to me, but now I want to learn more about them. Thanks for stopping by The Book Connection this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have to admit that all these boyfriends as new to me, but now I want to learn more about them. Thanks for stopping by The Book Connection this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dmitri.....yes, please!!! That is one hot book dude.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!