Jan 19, 2015

Early Review--Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost

Play with fire, pay the price.

Leila’s years on the carnie circuit were certainly an education. What she didn’t learn: how to be a vampire, or how to be married to the most famous vampire of them all. Adjusting to both has Leila teetering on a knife edge between passion and peril, and now the real danger is about to begin…

Vlad must battle with a centuries-old enemy whose reach stretches across continents and whose strength equals his own. It isn’t like Vlad to feel fear, but he does…for Leila, because his enemy knows she is Vlad’s greatest weakness. As friend and foe alike align against him—and his overprotectiveness drives Leila away—Vlad’s love for his new bride could be the very thing that dooms them both…



I received this early copy in a contest won from Jeaniene Frost's blog, I was in no way compensated for this review.


Bound by Flames is the third and NOT final installment in Jeaniene Frost's Night Prince series and continues Vlad and Leila's journey to find the vampire responsible for making their lives a living hell the past few weeks, months! And it was quite the exciting and adventurous read as well. Vlad it seems still has a bit to learn about being in a relationship with Leila and Leila needs to learn how Vlad deals with relationships as well. Will their love be strong enough to see them through this harrowing tale? Well, that's pretty obvious I think!

I love Vlad and Leila! I can't say their rival my love for Cat and Bones, because let's face it, those two are first in my heart! But Vlad and Leila are among the other faves of this world as well, because we can't really favor another couple more over the other! But as I said, Cat and Bones are first, but everyone else is second! LOL!

Vlad and Leila are still determined to find Szilagyi no matter what it takes. Though Vlad isn't the best with teamwork. He'd rather Leila be locked in a tower stowed away in safety while he deals with matter. But Leila is like all strong willed women and will not be easily cast aside. She's determined to help her husband with his enemy as he would for her if the matters were reversed! And it's not long before Leila's involvement gets her deep into trouble and into Szilagyi's hands.

I truly love the world Jeaniene has created! It's so...thrilling! It seems this greater circle of vampires and supernaturals that we know are never meant to have a moment's peace. Vlad is determined to bring Szilagyi down once and for all, but once Leila is kidnapped he loses all sense. Leila is being starved, abused, and tortured in all the worst ways imaginable and yet she still struggles to get free! She's fierce fighter and a strong willed and isn't easily stopped. I loved her strength. Despite being a vampire she doesn't let the torture she endures break her; I feel like I would've been broken after the first go around of skinning, but Leila prevails!

I was most happy to see some familiar faces! Not only doe Mencheres and Kiera make an appearance, but Vlad also draws out another particular couple who went into hiding! *grins* I think no further hint is needed! I was most definitely delighted to see them again! Especially seeing one of the two's attitude shine through the pages! He gets a bit miffed when the Impaler starts threatening his wife! 

As always Jeaniene keeps us on our toes with this read! There's such tension in the pacing! You never know which character is being duplicitous or not! There were such twists and turns, though I did guess correctly with one character! Another who I was happy to see returned to the action!

The book isn't without other emotional feels such as Lelia dealing with her family troubles and her arrogant father. Her sister continues to crack me up. She comes off a little wild, but she does have her serious tones as well. I almost wonder if she has a story to tell...maybe with another certain vampire I (and millions of other fans) are dying to see with his own novel. *coughs*Ian*coughs* Just a wondering...nothing rumorous or concrete!

And the romance is still sizzling! Vlad and Leila continue to work through their issues, mostly each one needing to learn to trust the other in times of peril. But that doesn't mean there's no sexual tension between them! There's a lot! And of course the tension turns into activity! Jeaniene would never let us down, of course!

The ending was extraordinary! I was wondering how things were to end what with a WHOLE OTHER novel to come in the series and I was quite surprised by the turn of events! There's nothing supremely cliffhangery with this one--thank god! I can only handle so many cliffhangers going at once! There's even a nice laugh at the end! Leila was in a fit of giggles and I found myself giggling right along with her! Oh Vlad, you slay me! LOL!

The vampire world of Jeaniene Frost never ceases to amaze me! I am hoping that she's not completely done with this world and all its characters because it truly has become one of my most favorite (multi) series ever! For fans of Urban Fantasy, if you have yet to read anything Jeaniene has written, I highly recommend everything she's written! But start with Halfway to the Grave, it's also a great first paranormal/vampire read for readers looking to get into the genre!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars


Bound by Flames releases January 27, 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!