Jan 7, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


In her third book about the delightful Woodcutter sisters, Alethea Kontis masterfully weaves "The Wild Swans," "The Goose Girl," and a few other fine-feathered fairy tales into a magical, romantic companion novel to Enchanted and Hero.

Readers met the Woodcutter sisters (named after the days of the week) in Enchanted and Hero. In this delightful third book, Alethea Kontis weaves together some fine-feathered fairy tales to focus on Friday Woodcutter, the kind and loving seamstress. When Friday stumbles upon seven sleeping brothers in her sister Sunday's palace, she takes one look at Tristan and knows he's her future. But the brothers are cursed to be swans by day. Can Friday's unique magic somehow break the spell?




I really like this series! It's a cute fairytale esque kind of series! I had an ARC from NG, but sadly was never able to read it because I could not get the file to open on ANY platform! Most upsetting since I really wanted to read it too!

TITLE: Dearest
AUTHOR: Alethea Kontis
PUBLISHER: HMH Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: February 3, 2015


The thrilling third installment to the Edgar-nominated, bestselling series.

Rory and her friends are reeling from a series of sudden and tragic events. While racked with grief, Rory tries to determine if she acted in time to save a member of the squad. If she did, how do you find a ghost? Also, Rory’s classmate Charlotte has been kidnapped by Jane and her nefarious organization. Evidence is uncovered of a forty-year-old cult, ten missing teenagers, and a likely mass murder. Everything indicates that Charlotte’s in danger, and it seems that something much bigger and much more terrible is coming.

Time is running out as Rory fights to find her friends and the ghost squad struggles to stop Jane from unleashing her spectral nightmare on the entire city. In the process, they'll discover the existence of an organization that underpins London itself—and Rory will learn that someone she trusts has been keeping a tremendous secret.


I STILL need to read the second one, but have put it off because it apparently had a helluva cliffhanger! So I've been waiting 2 years now to start it! At least I waited and saved myself from more pain of cliffhanger-itis! Can't wait to read it! And it was very challenging creating this post without letting my eyes linger!


TITLE: The Shadow Cabinet
AUTHOR: Maureen Johnson
PUBLISHER: Putnam Juvenile
GENRE: Paranormal YA

RELEASE DATE: February 10, 2015 



 

29 comments:

  1. I read Enchanted and thought it was okay. I really want to read Dearest though :) I like the synopsis, and the cover fits with the whole series very well. :D

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of either of these series. The Shadow Cabinet seems like it is going to be really good though.

    http://readingcave.blogspot.com/2015/01/waiting-on-wednesday-1-darkest-part-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these series are new to me. I hope you enjoy the continuation of each story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Shadow Cabinet looks interesting!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest is going to be good I hope. It's so annoying when you can't open a book on any format that you have, trust me I understand. Shadow Cabinet looks really good.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those. Covers. They make the books look sooooo good!! Happy Reading! Here's my post for WoW .

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for Shadow Cabinet. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of either of these, but it looks like I've been missing out. I love fairytale type books! I'm going to be looking into both of these! Great picks, thanks! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These books look very interesting I will have to keep my eye open for these in the future. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cliffhangers are so frustrating...I don't like them in books or on TV shows...LOL.

    Thanks for sharing, and here is mine: https://bluemondaysnomore.wordpress.com/2015/01/06/chase-away-your-blues-with-the-day-we-met/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the covers of both of these books!! They're gorgeous. And I know I've seen The Shadow Cabinet somewhere.

    My WoW
    ~Karina@ Watcha Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the historical aspect of HMH's books so i would like to pick up that first series.. also the cover is GORGEOUS

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of either of these! The second one looks like it might be a really good series to get my hands on though! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THAT COVER!!! Dearest is simply gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that cover for Dearest is GORGEOUS! Definitely going to check out this series!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty cover for Dearest :) I haven't heard of either of these books but I hope you enjoy them when they release!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am dying to get started on that Maureen Johnson series! I recently read a novella by her and loved her writing. Great picks.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read either of these series, but your excitement for them makes me want to! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. never heard of them, but they look good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of these are new to me, Jessica. But I have to say that The Shadow Cabinet looks really interesting!
    Happy Wednesday :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  21. New to me but sounds good. Hope you get a chance to read it and love it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those books and their covers look amazing!! And I'm sad to say that I haven't read either of these series. :( But I'll make sure to check them out! Awesome pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, both of those look like they would be two great reads. I can't tell which one I want to read more now, the fairy tale or the second one. I absolutely love the gorgeous cover on the second one though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Woodcutter series. I won an arc from Goodreads. :) That sucks about your eArc not opening up. Did you contact NG? Maybe they updated the file since you downloaded it. Or have you tried using Calibre? I haven't read the Maureen Johnson series. Is it good?
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I actually didn't like Dearest very much, but I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  26. aww, bummer the arc file didn't work!! both books look great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both of these are new to me but I am loving that cover of DEAREST. Aw, too bad about your ARC, that's even more disappointing because you were looking forward to it :( I hope you get to read these soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven´t read any of these books but I´ve the first book of Shades of London series.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow... both are new to me, but both sound great!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!