1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc
"I grinned, and yanked the hanging back, revealing the hidden door behind it. It stood slightly ajar, held open by a bronze spaniel someone had place in the crack as a doorstop. An enormous padlock splayed open and dangled from its hasp.
Please. I prayed as I grasped the crystal door knob. Please don't let this be the room where they hide the deformed cannibal cousin. 'Cause it's just too damn early for that." Kindle loc. 13%*
*Quote comes from the eARC therefore it and its location are not final.
TITLE: Into the Dim
AUTHOR: Janet B. Taylor
PUBLISHER: HMH Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Time-Traveling Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: March 1, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Top Ten 2016 Debuts Novels That "Caught My Attention"
*in no particular order
**So apparently I don't really have that many. Basically with debuts I tend to wait until reviews come in before making a final decision. Though there are always the occasion debut that I look forward to on my own!
1. FEAR THE DROWNING DEEP by Sarah Glenn Marsh--this sounds intriguing, part mystery and part witchy!
2. INTO THE DIM by Janet B. Taylor--partially cheating since I am reading it already! LOL. But it involves time traveling which pretty much has my attention!
3. BURNING GLASS by Kathryn Purdie--this is yet another one that just sounds intriguing!
4. BLACKHEARTS by Nicole Castroman--a Blackbeard tale? Sounds promising!
5. THE READER by Traci Chee--sounds a bit intriguing but still not sure if it's for me! The title is what caught my eye!
6. THIEF OF LIES by Brenda Drake--a read involving bookishness? You have to ask?
And that's about all I've found so far!