Dec 22, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"And no matter where I'm going, I know I will always remember him. The dead already haunt me. Now I'll be haunted by the living, too." p 217
















TITLE: Unleashed
AUTHOR: Sophie Jordan
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: Sci-Fi YA

RELEASE DATE: February 24, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year


*in no particular order
*I'm hopefully good for the first 5 as those were ones I gave on my list to my bestie when she asked!


1. THE LEVELLER by Julia Durango
2. ROARING SHADOWS by Colleen Gleason
3. FORBIDDEN by Eve Bunting


4. THE ORPHAN QUEEN by Jodi Meadows
5. DAUGHTERS UNTO DEVILS by Amy Lukavics
6. THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas--I already have one book, but I LOVE this edition! So pretty and soft!


7. DRACULA by Bram Stoker--the same publishing house as my previous book!
8. PETER PAN by J.M. Barrie--ditto!
9. WENDY DARLING: STARS by Colleen Oakes


10. THE HOUSE by Christina Lauren




 

28 comments:

  1. I certainly wouldn't mind The Orphan Queen finding its way out of my tree! I hope you get some (or all) of these lovelies from Santa.

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Christmas wishes come true. I got The Orphan Queen when it was a Kindle Daily Deal last week for $1.99. Now I just have to find time to read it. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! The Orphan Queen! One of my favorites.

    Those are really pretty editions of some classics. I wouldn't mind having them either. Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list - I have a copy of Daughters Unto Devils I have to get started on! Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of any book except for The Orphan Queen, but I would be sure to check them out. Thanks for sharing!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I hope you made the Nice List! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read The Orphan Queen! (At this point my TBR pile would be more like a TBR mountain...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a teaser. It makes me want to know the backstory.

    Thank you for sharing your top ten list! I didn't participate this week, and, honestly, I'm not sure I could have narrowed it down to ten. Haha I hope you receive some, if not all, of the books on your wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do want Wendy Darling! That one has caught my eye!...I think I have a copy of The Count of Monte Cristo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of the Wendy Darling one - now I want to read that one too!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I love Dracula. :) I hope you get a bunch of these!! Here's my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-would.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved The Orphan Queen, and I hope you love it too! I hope you get them all!

    Lizzie @ bigbooksandgrandelattes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Classics are always good to have!! I hope you receive all the books on your wishlist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved that teaser! Makes me so very curious! And I would love to have Peter Pan!

    Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I pray Santa brings you the Orphan Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful list. I really need to pick up Daughter Unto Devils - I have heard some really good things about it. Hope you have a great holiday and that Santa brings you all of these great books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is good to see a couple of classics here. I have Wendy Darling to read yet. Here's wishing you all the bookish goodies that you are hoping for. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you read anything else by Sophie Jordan? This one certainly sounds interesting. My teaser and intro are from The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-15o

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great teaser and fantastic list. Hope you have an awesome Christmas!

    My Teaser
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too much haunting right there! Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a nice list, I heard great things about Wendy Darling! I hope you get some of these at Christmas :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice list! I like the book cover of Wendy Darling.
    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all amazing choices! I really want to check out Daughters Unto Devils! :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have some interesting choices! I see several I want to add to my TBR! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    Kristine @ The Writer's Inkwell

    My Top Ten Tuesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a great wish list, Jessica! I hope Santa was kind and brought you all of them! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've always meant to read The Count of Monte Cristo. Wendy Darling sounds like a good read. Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, The Count of Monte Cristo! Peter Pan! Dracula! Such lovely classics oh yes these are good ones to have (specially if you have beautiful editions)

    Nice list!

    Laura @ psilovethatbook

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!