Dec 31, 2015

Random Thursday

It's New Year's Eve!! Holy cow this year has gone by fast! What with losing my job at the beginning and then finally landing another at the end of August, this year has just been crazy! And now we're finally getting into 2016 which I've been waiting for for a LONG time! For many reasons!

Firstly, all the BOOKS! So many awesome books coming out this year! And I've already read my top most anticipated book, which was Remembrance by Meg Cabot! And I LOVED IT!!

If you haven't read the Mediator series yet, you need to!! This was early Paranormal YA and this series saved my sanity! I was already craving the Paranormal YA books at this time and yet they were SO hard to find in the YA section! I tell you, those were some serious dark days with no books to read! This was a series I discovered and loved from the getgo!


Another thing I am super excited for this year is BEA! It will be my first year attending and I am so excited!!

This will be super fun I can feel it!! Though I am still trying to find among you bloggers a roommate! Is anyone planning to go and want to bunk up? I have a hotel that's very close to the expo, maybe a mile or two's walk, if that! And it's reasonably priced as well! If you're wanting to bunk up feel free to shoot me an email! I will be bugging you guys endlessly with posts soon regarding this! So to put a stop to those before they start, send me an email now! LOL! ;) 

Email address is located in my review policy tab at the top of the blog in the header!


Another thing I am super excited about that I'm not even 100% sure is happening but am truly hoping is happening is a trip to Orlando!!

My family members have timeshares in Orlando and we're theoretically trying to plan a trip to go to Disney World sometime after the opening of the new Frozen ride in Epcot! So I am positively elated that we might be going back to the Happiest Place on Earth!!

Because I am most dying to see this particular castle the most:

Which yes, that's Belle's castle! And I also keep trying to nag at my family to set a date so we can try to make the reservations to eat at the castle, as I heard you really want to make reservations as early as possible and yeah that can be months is advance!!

And since we're planning an Orlando trip, I am also making it a PRIORITY that I NEED, repeat NEED to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! It's an abject need! Just as Disney World is!

I'm hoping to at least get my sister or maybe even my aunt or cousin to go with me here! I think it's a place best experienced with someone else who's loved the series as much as I! Or at least enjoyed it in some part because I honestly don't know if my aunt or cousin has read the books. I know my sister has, but it's uncertain if she'd want to go. She's really weird and would rather not go to Disney World. I sometimes wonder how we're related...


So those are some things I am super excited for this year! Really hoping that the latter trip happens because I've been bouncing up the walls pretty much for a year and a half-ish, basically when they announced a Frozen ride would open in 2016!! 

Do you all have any special plans for 2016?









6 comments:

  1. Looks like you are going to have an amazing 2016! I'm going to the NOLA book event (which will be my first book event that I'll be able to make!), so I am super excited about that. Hopefully I'll have a good 2016 as well

    Hope you are having a wonderful New Year's Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little jealous of your new year! BEA and Disney? Yeah, color me green right now. We are taking the kiddos to VA to visit my brother during spring break- Smithsonian here we come! That is about it for our great plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am going to Orlando TOO!!!!!!!! We booked on Christmas day, we are Disney Vacation Club members and are mega excited to go back to our home at Kidani Village, Animal Kingdom Lodge. It looks like there will be so many new things to experience! The only downside a day of travelling from Scotland! Hope you manage to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes on all of these!!! I live about 2.5 hours from Orlando and I have to say that the WWoHP is amazing! You truly feel like you are in magical world. You should try to come to ALA annual which is at the end of June in Orlando! A few south florida bloggers and I are planning a trip to WWoHP the Friday before and then ALA Sat-Mon! It's going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have fun at Disney!! I need to go one year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're all set for some awesome trips for 2016 (crossing my fingers for you about Orlando!!). I can't wait for BEA either. I'm thinking at this point that I'll stay at home and commute so that I can save the money for a different book conference later in the year, but I'm sure you'll find a roommate - lots of people will be headed to BEA!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!