Dec 29, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"I can't allow a momentary pain to eclipse an eternal decision. Feelings are fleeting, no matter how earth-shattering they seem; they never last, always change. A covenant is forever."*




*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final. Also, I saved this quote sometime ago and cannot for the life of me find its location in the ARC.






TITLE: Firstlife
AUTHOR: Gena Showalter
PUBLISHER: HarlequinTeen
GENRE: Dystopian
RELEASE DATE: February 23, 2016




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



 This week's topic is: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016


*in no particular order


THE FINALES:

1. YELLOW BRICK WAR by Danielle Paige--cannot wait to see how this series wraps up! It's so twisted, but in a good way!
2. THE LAST STAR by Rick Yancey--been waiting for what feels like forever for this one!! A bit of delay in the publishing for whatever reasons, but at least it's finally almost here!
3. THE BEAUTY OF DARKNESS by Mary E. Pearson--looooove this series!! It's so good and it continues to reel me in with each book! This one might kill me...or the wait for it will!
4. FOREST OF RUIN by Kelley Armstrong--always looking forward to one of Kelley's books!! This series has been really good so far too! Cannot wait to see how it all ends!


THE SEQUELS:

5. A COURT OF MIST AND FURY by Sarah J. Maas--I ADORED ACOTAR!! It's the SJM book I've been waiting for!! And I loved it oh so completely!
6. INTO THE FIRE by Jeaniene Frost--the final Vlad book!! No cover or description sadly, but now it looks like it won't be coming out until the end of October vs the summer which is what it's "description" currently says. Sigh...
7. THE SWEETEST BURN by Jeaniene Frost--loved The Beautiful Ashes, though I read it as an ARC and I am delaying my getting of this one for reasons, so yeah...the wait is killing me!
8. THE SHADOW HOUR by Melissa Grey--loved her debut of TGAM it was amazing! So I am definitely looking forward to this one!
9. THE MERCILESS II by Danielle Vega--a happy surprise that her first standalone will now have a sequel! This should be creepy and epic!


A NEWB:

10. THE GREAT HUNT by Wendy Higgins--while the author isn't a debut, this is a new read from her! I am unsure just yet if it's a standalone or not, but with a Beauty and the Beast theme towards it, I'm already hooked!




 

23 comments:

  1. That actually sounds like a really interesting teaser. I was very disapointed in Alice in Zombieland so I'm always hesitant with the rest of her work.
    Here's my Teaser

    As for your TTT - I also can't wait for A Court of Mist and Fury. Looks like we're in for a great year! :D My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoying your book and your anticipated reads look pretty good too. :)

    Stormi
    My teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have The Great Hunt on my eARC stack. It is available at Edelweiss. Great teaser, by the way. Mine come from The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine and Haunting Investigation by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro which are both from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited about The Last Star, but since I've been dragging my feet on reading The Infinite Sea I haven't hit normal excitement levels yet.

    I haven't seen a Teaser Tuesday before, but now I kind of want to participate in that in the future.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Firstlife and for A court of mist and fury. There are so many goodies coming out in 2016. :D Here is my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-most.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2016 is going to be a seriously epic year for books! You have some great choices here :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More and more I'm convinced that I could do nothing but read, eat, and sleep, and still barely scratch the surface of all the great books available now. Thanks for sharing your teaser and list. My intro and teaser are from My Secret Sister: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-15Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I can't wait for all the 2016 books! THERE ARE SO MANY I WANT AND NEED TO READ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list1 I´m also looking forward to read The Great Hunt.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh I've been wanting the read The Merciless for a while now, I BETTER GET TO IT!!
    Great Top Ten!

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't even started any of these series yet. Man I'm behind! Dorothy Must Die is on the top of by TBR pile though so I am excited to get to Yellow Brick War. And the Great Hunt also sounds amazing!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a poignant teaser. I really like it, and now what to know more about the book. Always a good sign. :-) I've been wanting to read something by Showalter for some time now as it is.

    So many great books coming out! Seeing your mention of Frost's new books has reminded me I have been wanting to read more of her earlier books for some time now. The Great Hunt is on my list of books I want to read. And of course I adore Kelley Armstrong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great teaser- feelings are fleeting. I love you book list, several great choices. 2016 is going to be a great year to read.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm excited for so many of these! Awesome list.

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Court of Mist and Fury was on my list this week too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/top-ten-tuesday-37/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the cover and the quote is promising, too. Are you enjoying the book? Mine is The Just City by Jo Walton:
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/teaser-tuesdays-29th-dec/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know that Dorothy Must Die became a series. I really wanted to read that when it first came out. I'll have to check into it.

    Hope you get a chance to read all the books you want in 2016.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a profound quote and so true! Love that cover art also.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/12/29/teaser-tuesdays-140-the-company-store-is-this-our-future/

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE Firstlife's cover! Interesting teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I still really need to read Dorothy Must Die! That series looks so good!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have some great choices listed for next year! Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my Top Ten yesterday..

    Hope you have an amazing week and a Happy New Year!

    My Top Ten Tuesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list!
    It seems a lot of us are really excited for A Court of Mist and Fury. I can't wait for it to be released!

    ­­ -- Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  23. There are a few that I'm excited for on here. The ACOTAR sequel, The Last Star, and The Beauty of Darkness.
    - Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!